~THIRTY SIX~

Beginne am Anfang

"Haan." He sighed.

"Meri ek baat maanega?" She asked.

"Hmm?"

"Raani se baat karegi?"

"Kya? Pagal hogay hain tu?" He frowned.

"Nahi. Meri baat sunn. Abhi phirse tu kaam karegi yaha. Phirse saara kuch start hojayega. Lekin tujhe clear karke sab kuch fresh start karna chahiye. Tu ne aaj tak uske saath baithke baat clear nahi kiya. Sab kuch sirf indirect hi hota raha. Doh hafte hain Sidharth, ab toh ite saare log tujhe maante hain aur pyaar karte hain. Kuch khone ke liye nahi hain tere paas. Tera jo phirse naam bana hua hain, who hain, main hoon humare gharwale hain, aur inna saara pyaar hain. Ek baari baat karle uske saath. Sab clear karle aur bhoj hata le." She persuaded him, resting her head on his chest and hugging him. He thought about what she said, there would never be perfect closure and perfect redemption till things were perfectly cleared out between the two pAnitaes. He couldn't do that with the creatives but he could with Raani.

"Kaise karoon?" He asked, he seemed lost, like a little child, like that night. Shehnaz lifted her head off of his chest and moved up to the head board. He moved to the side and rested his head in her lap. She pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Bas uske saath baith aur baat karle. Woh aaj kal bohot shaant hain. Kuch react bhi nahi kAnita hain. Aur tere se bhi izzat se aur acche se baat kAnita hain. Toh bas hogaya." She smiled.

"Tu aayegi mere saath?" He asked.

"Nahi." She whispered, she hated denying him.

"Agar isko bhi usne galath samajh liya toh?"

"Toh woh bhi clear kar na baby. Poore chitte kholde. Kuch baaki math rakh. Sab sahi karke nikhlenge yaha se hum." She said kissing his forehead. Her fingers softly played with his ear lobes.

After much persuasion, Sidharth got out of bed and had breakfast. Anita and Asad sat with them, holding a conversation about the kind of work they would like to do after the show.

"Asad, yeh Bohemia ka kya chakkar tha jo kal Salman sir keh rahe the?" Anita asked. His eyes widened the slightest bit and he looked at Sidharth, who had an eyebrow raised at him.

"Uh. I don't know." He stuttered.

"Yeh Naina ke related haina? Issiliye tere hosh ud gaye." Shehnaz giggled.

"Haan." He blushed.

"Kya karega Bohemia ke saath?" Sidharth squinted his eyes.

"Naina ko pasand aaya tha toh..." He trailed.

"Sidharth. Chod. Khana khaa tu." Shehnaz shushed him when he was about to speak again. He huffed and obeyed.

Almost an hour later, Sidharth sat alone in the garden area, Shehnaz was inside helping Anita with something, something along the lines of waxing. He silently called himself a loser when he felt her absence and missed her. It was so stupid. He was with her just a few minutes ago. Asad was in the shower, he had Heera and Parag and despite Parag apologising to Naina before she left and Heera being cordial with them, he would rather sit alone than with them. He sipped on the tea and watched the birds fly past the set in the sky, the set up enticed they, they sat on the railings above and stared at the paintings of their fellow species on the walls, birds.

"Raani." He said out loud. And then his eyes widened. He did it so suddenly, so involuntarily. She was walking past him to the smoking room.

"Kya?" She said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Analysis kar raha tha. Subah subah tera chehra dekhunga toh kuch galath hoga ki nahi. Congratulations, you're becoming better. Kuch galath nahi hua." He chuckled at his own teasing self.