Memories Part One

Becky's Pov

It had been two days since my kiss with Seth.. I haven't felt that way in a long time. Drew and I loved each other a lot, but the passion between us was long gone. Many times I felt he didn't love me enough. Not as much as he said he did. But he was a good man, and I lived very well beside him.

I've been thinking about Seth's partnership proposal quite seriously. I had to fall short of my every move. I may have done well with the agreements, but I started to cross paths that were unknown for me, I felt like I was swimming in deep waters.. In unknown waters. Mike's help was always valuable, but Seth was the leader of a rival gang, and maybe he was right. Maybe we should have work together.. I felt quite confused and even more worried because my sister had been missing for days..

I finally got up lazily from my bed.. I approached the little furniture with the mirror and was trying to grab my hair comb when upstairs in my office I found Drew's cufflinks.. Startlingly.. I put down my brush..

"Brie.. Brie! " I screamed somewhat aloud, and she entered my room after a few minutes..

"Good morning, Ma'am, do you need something"she asked me a little uneasily .

"Yes, I do," I said gravely, as I tied my robe.

"I hear..  your breakfast is ready downstairs," she said, smiling.

"I don't care about breakfast right now.. Brie, what are Drew's cufflinks doing here?"I showed her the cufflinks I had in my hand.. Since Drew's funeral, I had changed my room. I couldn't sleep anymore where I slept with him. everything reminded me of him and it was quite difficult

"You asked me last night tp bring them to you, I don't know why," she said, and I was surprised.

"Brie, are you sure I asked you to bring them?"I asked her again hesitatingly.

"Yes, I am quite sure, Ma'am.. you just don't remember it because you were a little tipsy," she said, and I nodded in the affirmative.

"All right, Brie, thank you.. go, and in a little while I will be down, " I said to her..she nodded she left my room..

That was weird.. I wasn't remember about asking for Drew's cufflinks.. it was a pair of gold I had given him on our first anniversary. I shook my head, opened the door, and walked out of my room. I walked straight up the long corridor and opened the door of the bedroom i sue to sleep with him.. The frosty air in the room made me shudder.. I left the cufflinks in the drawer of the bedside table in their place and clasped my robe more tightly to my body.. Drew's perfume was everywhere in the room.. The smell of his heavy cologne was still there no matter how many times I had ventilated this room.. Many of his things after the funeral were given to people who needed them and others were hidden in boxes. Things I didn't want to throw away like these cufflinks. I looked at the bedside table.. Our wedding picture was still there. I took it in my arms. In my mind came the day he proposed to me..

Flashback

In a small and quiet restaurant Drew and Becky had just finished their meal. He may have been a rich man enough, but he did not like to show his riches at all. He preferred quiet places, with good food even though it was not particularly luxurious. That's what he did tonight. He had booked a table at his favorite restaurant.he had asked for the quietest table and the best food.. It was a relatively expensive restaurant but not too fancy.. She drank her wine.

"Are you having fun, dear?"he asked her.. they already counted nearly a year. as a couple.

"Always.. You've never brought me here before," she smiled sweetly.