Beam gave him a blank look, not letting out any emotion.

"Dr. Baramee, the trauma patient" Namtarn reminded him. Beam nodded and turned back to Kit in time seeing him handing Arthit over to Pha. Sure enough Arthit had to tell everything all over again to ukka gapha.

"How's her baby?" He asked Kit who sighed.

"She can't see him yet Beam, it's dangerous he's too weak, we can't risk exposure for both of them" Kit shook his head as he eyed Arthit. "What is it?"

"She's not gonna make it Kit!" Beam slapped a hand at the report in his hand. He gritted his teeth. "The first thing they taught me when I started to practice as a surgeon, was that no matter what, you do everything.. everything in your power to save a patient even if you think it's a lost cause but..
Even if yiu lose them, you know you did everything. I know when my work is all going down the drain and only doing more pain to my patient than help. I can not put her through more pain.. there's nothing left to do here that would help that poor kid" he had tears in his eyes.

Kit blinked. "Beam?"

Beam looked away. This case had been since the worst he had ever seen, and it brought back all the worst memories of his life, all the pain that he suffered and he saw Pharm suffer.

"I want to give her the chance to see her baby once. Please.."

Kit nodded. "Okay.. but we can't let the baby out of the incubator let alone the NICU. And she can't go in, sge can't even be unhooked from the machines that are breathing for her. What can I do?"

Beam sighed. He nodded. "NICU has glass walls?"

Kit nodded with a frown. "Are you.. okay?"

Beam sighed with eyes seeing far away. "FYI, your daycare sucks" he walked away.

Kit was troubled by the look in Beam's eyes. He had been looking like he suddenly aged. Like he was in pain and Kit had no idea what to do to make it better.

"..ou tired again? Well you are such a little monster, no wonder you're tired"

Kit turned around seeing Arthit sleepy as he clung to Pha's shoulder. He frowned.

"Arthit? How did you fall baby?"

Arthit looked up at him with exhausted eyes. "Emh.. eye cooz. Go woound woound! Eeby!! Then duu.. phaw down!"

(Arthit101: emh.. my eyes close, go round and round, heavy! Then dhubb fall down!)

Pha frowned. "What language he exactly speaks?"

Kit shook his head. "You have no surgery today, so babysit him. I'll need more budget for my daycare if I want him in there!" With that he ran away.

"Beam! Beam!"

"What?" Beam turned as he walked towards the ICU.

"Does Arthit ever get tired?" Kit called.

Beam frowned. "I get tired by just watching him! Not him! He's a tiny flash! Why?"

Kit bit his lower lip. "Nothing. You should sleep sometimes"

He bit his lower lip again watching Beam walk away.

##~~