Chapter 18

Today is Jackson's funeral. A lot of people came and all you could hear were sobs and sniffing. Alex's and Nicol's parents also came to the funeral.

Nicol was dressed in a skirt and blouse with elegant shoes, all in black. She helped Alex to fix his tie and they left to the cemetary.

Priest was already there and when everybody got around the coffin, he started praying. Alex was letting a few tears down but it was obvious that he was holding himself.

When the time has come to put down a coffin, Jackson's mom started crying out loud. Alex was shaking uncontrolablly.

He hugged Nicol tightly and buried his face in her neck, crying. She was stroking his hair and rubbing his back in soothing circles. She was crying along with him as she could feel his pain.

They finished the funeral and the two of them went in Alex's house. They were both tired from crying and Alex went to take a shower right away.

Nicol asked her parents to be with Alex for a few days and luckily they let her. She just packed few stuffs and clothes. Nicol also called Lydia to ask her if she wants to give her few days free.

Alex got out from the shower and laid in a bed like he has been doing for a past three days. Nicol wanted to make him something to eat, but sudden pain in her lower abdomen stopped her from doing anything.

That kind of pain meant just one thing. She got her period. Unfortunately they weren't any pads or pills for cramps at Alex's house so she needed to go to the pharmacy and store.

''I'm going to the store.'' She said and kissed his cheek. He didn't respond anything which made her sigh.

She quickly got in a store and bought two packages of pads. Pharmacy was also near so she took pills she usually drinks when she has period cramps.

Nicol got back in the house and rushed to the bathroom. Alex was still in the same position as she left him half an hour ago. She took new underwear and went to take a shower and take care of herself.

Pills usually helped her a little but there was still piercing pain. She made something quick for Alex and took it to his room.

''Alex, I made you something to eat. Will you please get up?''
She still didn't get response for him.
''You need to eat something. You haven't eaten since yesterday. Please. You'll get sick if you continue to be like this.'' She jumped up when Alex turned around and trashed the tray she was holding.

''Leave me alone.'' He screamed at her for no reason. He turned around once again on the bed leaving trembling Nicol in fear.

She wiped down a single tear that has fallen on her cheek and crounched down to pick broken plate. She understood that he was hurt because of the loss of his friend, but she was still hurt with his behaviour towards her.

She cleaned the floor so there wasn't any glass but she managed to cut her finger slightly. Nicol took bandage and put it on her cut after cleaning it.

She was also hurting from cramps and she didn't want to make Alex worry about her. Maybe he wouldn't even worry right now about her or about anything.

She filled a bottle with hot water and laid down on a couch. She put the bottle on her stomach to ease a pain even a little bit.

Nicol broke down crying, but Alex couldn't hear her. She was crying because of the pain caused both by period and Alex at the same time.

Alex was feeling quilty but sadness was overhelming him so much. He lost his brother and a friend but he couldn't lose his girlfriend and love of his life too.

He got up and got out of the room. He headed towards the kitchen but couldn't find Nicol until he looked over to the living room. It broke his heart once again to see his princess lying down on the couch with bottle of water on her stomach.

He knew what was going on with her and she was also crying silently. He got closer and crounched next to her. Alex started stroking her hair and she immediately removed her hand from her puffy eyes.

''Alex are you alright?'' She asked him and tried to look okay, but failed.
''It's you who is not fine. I'm sorry baby.'' He scooped her up in his arms and kissed her forehead.

He laid her down on his bed and covered her with the blanket. He went to put more warm water in the bottle then he laid next to her.

He leaned on the headboard of the bed and pulled her on his chest. He was keeping bottle on her stomach gently and she put her hand over his.

''I'm so sorry baby for hurting you.'' He said as he stroked her hair and pressed a kiss on her head.
''I understand. You don't need to apologize.''
''I'm still sorry. I love you so much.'' He turned her around a little and kissed her lightly.
''I love you too.'' She whispered.

He kissed her nose then cheek and pulled her in a hug. She was happy to see that Alex started opening himself again since Jackson's death.

He put the bottle aside after holding it for awhile and pulled himself down. He proped himself on one elbow and kissed her deeply. He finally understood how much he missed her and how much she missed him.

He pulled away and put his head on a pillow. They were looking at each other with love and adoration.
''Do you want to tell me about how you feel?'' She asked him.
''I'm angry and hurt with him for leaving me. I always wanted him to be my best man at my wedding but now it won't be possible. He left.'' She pulled him to her chest as he put his arm around her securing her tightly.
''It will be okay love. Jackson wouldn't want to find his best friend depressed because of him. He would be sad to see you like this and you know that.'' She said softly. He nodded and kissed her collarbone.