Chapter 3

Nicol woke up on Sunday morning on the sound of her alarm. It was time for her to get ready for church. She heard door opening meaning her parents got home from earlier mass. Nicol always went in the noon on the mass and she didn't have to work on today.

She got dressed in dark blue skirt that reached her knee and matched it with white blouse. She slipped in her white sandals and prepared her purse. Nicol was ready as it was still half an hour before the mass started.

After she said bye to her parents, she headed straight to the church. The walk usually lasted 15 minutes and her sandals didn't help much. Luckily someone pulled over to give her a ride. Window was pulled down to reveal Alex in his shiny black BMW.

''Get in.'' He said to surprised Nicol giving her his best smile. She accepted his offer and got in a car.
''Thank you.'' She said putting a seatbelt on.

They came quickly and Alex parked on the parking lot of the church. They went together in and sat next to each other. As always people we giving him weird stares and now they were looking at Nicol also. Question in their head was definitely why is she with him.

Nicol noticed stares but when she looked at Alex, he seemed deep in a thought and looked like he was unbothered by it. She also wasn't bothered by people. She thought to herself that of course everybody will look at him when he literally wore white T-shirt that didn't cover his tattooed neck and arms. He also had really pretty tattoos on the back of his head.

Once the mass finished, Nicol didn't know if he wants to get her back home. She would really appreciate if he would do so, her feet were starting to hurt a little. They were out of the church and Nicol looked at him confused. Like what now? He cleared her thoughts when he grabbed her hand and led her to his car where he previously parked.

''Do you want to go with me to get a drink?'' He asked her keeping his attention on the road. Nicol was a bit surprised with his sudden question but she thought now or never.
''Okay.'' She answered shyly and her face was red.
''Great.'' Alex grinned showing his dimples.

He pulled over to the cafe. This one was popular in the town they lived in, mostly because young people gathered there. Alex walked in front of her and Nicol took time to check him out. He also matched white Nike sneakers with his shirt and had tight black jeans. He looked very attractive to Nicol.

He opened the door for her and she was met with cigarette's smell. Alex wrapped his arm around her waist and led her to a table in the corner. Nicol's body heated up at the sudden interaction but she covered up her blush. Not mentioning the glares they got that made her feel double uncomfortable.

A waiter came fast to take their orders. Alex like always ordered black coffee but Nicol took iced macchiato.

''So..? How are you?'' Nicol asked him and he chuckled at her cuteness.
''Really? I'm fine.''
''Can I ask you something?''
''Whatever you want.''
''Were you uncomforable in a church?''
''No, why would I be?'' Alex looked at her confused and took out a package of cigarettes.
''Because people were looking at you weirdly.''
''They always look at me like that. I don't actually care what they think about. They probably think a man with tattoos can't go in God's temple. Well they are wrong.'' He said almost pissed of.
''Hmm... I think they are pretty.'' Nicol shrugged.
''You do?''
''I just said that.''

Waiter came back with their drinks and winked at Nicol. Alex chuckled when she didn't even noticed but he was still a little bit annoyed he did that.

''So Nicol? Right?''
''Yup Alexander.'' She mocked him.
''Tell me something about youself.''
''Well... I work in that cafe you saw me at for a year. I'm 20 years old and live with my parents. That's pretty much it.'' She gave him a soft smile.
''You?'' She added after taking a sip of her coffee.
''I have my own tattoo studio as you know. I'm 28 years old and I live alone for few years now.'' He said and took a long puff from the cigarette in his hand.
''That's nice.''
''Why didn't you go to college?''
''I didn't want to so I found a job.''
''I also didn't go on the college instead I opened tattoo studio with my friend five years ago.''
''Do you have a lot of customers?''
''Yes honestly. It's a little tiring to be all day there and just draw for hours and hours on person's body. It really takes patience and time.''
''I think how is it like. I need to stand on my legs for 10 hours and serve the customers. My feet hurt so much after I get home.''

Alex was feeling sorry for this young lady in front of him. So young but works so hard. Nicol never failed in doing what's her duty. She was really hardworking girl every day.

''Maybe we should go?'' She asked him.
''Yeah sure. We are here for two hours.'' Alex chuckled.
Alex paid the bill like some gentleman should do and took Nicol's hand in his own leading her to his car. She told him the directions to her house and he quickly got there.

After she left in the house, she was startled with her parents standing close to her.
''Hello.'' Nicol said.
''I don't want you to see him or have any interaction with him ever again.'' Her dad spat.
''He isn't what he looks like.''
''Honey he is drug addict. Everybody knows that.''
''WAS. He was a drug addict but he isn't anymore.'' Nicol defended him. She knew that he was a drug addict before but that's in a past.

She rushed in her room and closed the door. Nicol just felt safe with him. He showed to her that he is a good person. And she believed that.