Chapter 6

It's been a week since the trip to waterfalls and Alex always picked Nicol after work. They have been pretty close with each other and Alex planned surprise for Nicol tonight.

He came in front of a cafe just when her shift finished. Nicol rushed to his car as soon as she saw him. He gave her a cheek kiss before starting an engine.

''Baby I want to take you out tonight. Will that be okay?'' He intertwined their fingers while keeping his eyes on the road.
''Yes. But where are you taking me?'' Nicol was curious about sudden, may she call that, a date.
''You'll see.'' Alex chuckled.
''How do I dress?''
''Fancy, but not too fancy.''
''Okay.''

He stopped in front of her house after awhile. He pulled their hands up and kissed her hand.
''I'll pick you up at 7 p.m.''
''Sure.'' Nicol kissed his cheek and got out.

Alex was shocked with the sudden kiss. He touched his cheek slowly to see if the feeling was still there. His face lit up as he drove off to his house.

Meanwhile, when Nicol got in a house, she said hi to her parents and rushed upstairs to change so she can come down for a lunch.

Her mom made casual lunch and they did a prayer before eating. Nicol felt tense around her parents and she knew something is going on.

Once they finished, Nicol attemped to clean up a table when she heard her dad's scary voice.
''Sit.'' Nicol knew she must obey her father's order.
''Yes dad?''
''What did I said to you?''
''What are you talking about?''
''I said NOT to hang around him. He is dangerous, Nicol and everybody knows that.''

Nicol was shocked and hurt with his sudden outburst, but she couldn't disobey to her parents.

''Dad he is not dangerous. Believe me. He is good person.''
''Honey you know he is a drug addict. He can hurt you one day and then you'll regret being with him.''
''And by hurt your mother means not only emotionally but physically.'' Nicol felt shaken with her dad's last words.

Why everybody thinks wrong about him? Nicol thought to herself while digesting what they just told her.

''How can you think so low about him? He has shown me nothing but love this past few weeks.''
''Nicol when somebody is addict, he will always be an addict. He may not show it now but that side of him will come out one day and you can't do anything to stop him.'' Her mother said rather harshly to Nicol.

''And do you see what he looks like? That's inhuman to have that kind of body. He even dares to show in a church.''
''God lets everyone who loves him inside his temple. You can't say something so cruel about him.'' Nicol's eyes welled up with tears but she refused to let them fall.

''You won't see him anymore. Do you understand?'' Her father said in a deadly tone.
''But dad...'' She was cut off with her father's another warning.
''If you don't want to listen to me you know where are the doors. But remeber people who raised you and provided you everything.''
''Are you threating me?''
''No. Made a decision now. Are you going to see him and move out of this house or you won't see him and live a normal life?''

Nicol wiped a tear that escaped her eye and looked at her both parents in disbelief. If she leaves Alex alone, she will be hurt but she can't leave her parents. Her father is right. They provided her everything and she will be ungrateful if she leaves for some man. But at the same time she is in love with Alex for five years.

It was a year when Alex came out clean from community. She always passed by after school in front of his studio. Through those years her feelings grew in love. And she was now loving Alex but she also loved her parents.

''I won't see him again, but can I please go out with him tonight so I can tell him that?'' She pleaded to her parents.
''Okay, but just tonight.''

She got up from a table but she wanted them to know one thing.
''Just remeber that you hurt me today because of your own wishes.''
Nicol left upstairs leaving her parents not even a little bit quilty about their doing.

Nicol was crying on her bed with her whole body shaking. She was so weak but she desperately wanted to go on her last date with the love of her life. She waited for this for full five years but her own parents just destroyed her happiness.

She stopped crying and got up to take a shower. Alex said to dress fancy but not too fancy so Nicol was thinking what to wear. After a lot of debating she chose nice pink dress that was flowing from the waist down. She put black strap heels on and took her black pursue. She only put lipgloss and took a look in the mirror.

She was ready for him. Even if it's for the last time she was desperate to see him. To feel him. But she knew it won't last long. He was already waiting for her outside leaned on his car. Nicol was  shocked to see him dressed like this, but in a good way, a very good way.

His face lit up as he saw her coming out of the house. He pulled her in a tight her which she gladly returned taking in his scent for the last time.
''You look beautiful baby.''
''Thank you. You are handsome too.'' She gave him cheeky smile.

He opened door for her and rushed to other side. They came in a nice quiet restaurant with really chill atmosphere. Waiter led them to their table and gave them menus. Nicol was amazed by everything in here and food looked good.

''It's really nice here.''
''I'm glad you like it. It's my favourite restaurant.''
''So why did you bring me here?''
''You'll find out later.'' He chuckled.

Food already came and it was delicious. Nicol was surprised how good this food tasted that she forgot about arguing with her parents. They were eating in comfortable silence.

Chocolate cake was ordered as desert and Nicol was happy. But then Alex spoke which caused her to snap her head towards him.
''Did you like food?''
''It's amazing.''
''Good. I wanted to ask you something.''
''Yes?''
''I actually gained feelings towards you and I would like to ask you if you want to be my girlfriend?'' He said everything in one breath but instead of being happy Nicol felt so much pain.

She didn't even know she started crying when she remebered about everything that happened today. Alex got a little scared and got next to her crunching so he can see her face. He cupped her cheek with his large hand and turned her head to look at him.

''Baby why are you crying?''
''I'm sorry Alex.'' Just when she said that his heart clenched.
''I-I can't be with you. I'm sorry.''
''Why?'' He whispered in disbelief.
''My p-parents don't allow me to see you anymore.''

It was cleared out for him what does that meant. He is ex-drug addict and everybody knows that. Of course no parent would let their daughter to date him. It was impossible for him.

''It's okay. Stop crying.'' He said in soothed voice.
''I'm sorry.''
''It's fine. Let me pay the bill and I will drive you home.''

She nodded at his words and waited for him to come back. He was still smiling after what happened few minutes before and took her hand that she gladly accepted. The ride to her house was quiet but she was still letting silent tears fall.

He stopped in front of her house and turned to her with a soft smile. He cupped her cheek with one hand and kissed other one. He leaned in her touch as she did the same.

''You'll always be my girl. Okay?'' He whispered in her ear. She nodded her head with few sobs escaping her lips.
He pulled away and smiled at her.
''Goodnight Nicol.'' That actually pained her as she was used to him now calling her baby.
''Goodnight Alexander.''

She exited the car and rushed inside the house. Her parents were in a living room as she brushed past them and made a run to her room with the hand covering her mouth. She just let her love to go away and her heart was so heavy and painful. Alex didn't feel much better either as he went home right after he dropped her in front of her house. Two lovers were hurt and all because of other people.