Chapter 34: Proposal

Anna couldn't stop crying. She was broken seeing him in a vulnerable condition. Her team rolled in the bed through the hallway and rushes towards the emergency theatre.

"Leo, can you hear me? Please hang in there. I'll save you no matter what." Anna cried silently in a trembling voice, staring at his bloody unconscious face.

She wiped her tears away and composed herself to be strong. Now is not the time to let her emotions take over, she has to save him no matter what. She sighed deeply and masked her emotions. Wearing on the apron, gloves and mask, she stood beside him and started to proceed on with the operation. Her eyes betrayed her and silent tears fell down her cheeks as she looked at his shot body. Two bullets—one was shot on his upper right chest while the other was shot on his abdomen. She whimpered as she noticed the wound on his left abdomen.

The nurses immediately provided blood into his system through IV drop and connected the ECG cables over his body to the monitor for the vital signs.

Then Anna proceeded to remove the bullet from his body. After the bullet was removed, she operated on his left abdomen and stitched it. And carefully did the dressing over his injuries.

Then suddenly the monitor beep echoed making her nervous and worried at the same time.

"It's cardiac arrest," Dr Monroe said in alarmed. Anna quickly reached for the defibrillator device and held in both her hands.

"150 joules, ready, shoot," She said and pressed the device over his chest, providing a shock to for the cardiac. But there was no response. "200 joules, ready, shoot," she said in worried tone and pressed again but no response and the sharp beeping continue to echo inside.

"His vitals are not responding," One of the nurses said gravely glancing at the monitor.

"No, he has to come back," Anna trembled under her silent cry and intertwined her hands and pressed it over his left chest. "1, 2, 3," She said in a shaky voice as she continued to press harder on his left chest—providing CPR.

"Come back to me, please," She cried and continued pressing. "You can't leave me like this; you owe me your life. Please come back to me, honey,"

"PLEASE, COME BACK TO ME," She cried out loud and stopped pressing, placing her head down over his chest as tears fell down from her eyes.

Beep, Beep, Beep!

She quickly raised her head and looked at him. His eyes were still close.

"His pulse is back," the nurse informed in surprised.

After the operation, Anna walked out last from the room and soon she collapsed down on her knee and cried out loud—she couldn't bear her emotions anymore and let it out.

Joshua and the others were waiting outside the OT and immediately came beside her. Joshua crouched down and hugged her gently as he ran his hand over his sister's hair gently, comforting her. Anna clung tightly onto him and cried under his chest.

After some moments, she stopped crying and Joshua helped her up and placed her on the seat. She rubbed her tears away and looked at the gentlemen in front of her.

"What happened?"

Then they started to explain everything.

"He came in between when Lorenzo attempted to shoot at me and saved me but unfortunately, he took the bullets for me," Joshua said as guilt filled inside him. Anna started to cry again and hugged him tightly.

"I'm thankful that he saved you." She said under her sniffle and pulled away. "Leo is out of danger now. He lost lots of blood—he might take time to regain consciousness," She said quietly.