Chapter 21: Timing at its Worst

"What the hell does she think of herself?" The man from earlier muttered in a bad-tempered.

Layla was walking pass the waiting hall and heard the man scowling.

"Wait, till I tell on the director and fire her," The man scowled glancing at his men who were seated beside him.

"She's the director of this hospital," Layla stated and came halted in front of him. She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the man. The man looked at her in surprise for a second and frowned over.

"Director or not, she has messed with the wrong people," He said looking up at her.

"I beg to differ, Sir," Layla said sharply. "Weren't you guys the one to create a scene?" She pointed out. "Messing with the wrong people!" She scoffed in disbelief, "Piece of advice, don't mess around again in this premises or you're—" She warned them and gestured them a knife-edge hand near her throat. Then she gave them a sickening smile before walking out of the place. The man scoffed in disbelief and glared at her back.

After some hours, Anna and her team walked out from the OT and at an instant, they were surrounded by the men.

"You don't need to worry; he's out of danger now and is stable. We just have to wait for him to gain conscious," Anna informed glancing at each of the men.

"Thank you, Dr." The man said over his shoulder as Anna walked pass by him. She stopped on her track and turned back. She gave them a nod before turning and continued to walk away. She made her way to the washroom and got cleaned. And as she came out from the washroom, she stretched her arms wide open with closed eyes. Then she cracked on her knuckles and rotated her neck in all directions. She sighed in satisfied at the sound of her bones cracking.

"That was not so lady-like," a familiar voice remarked from her sides. Kazimir pulled away from the wall and stood in front of her with a huge grin playing in his face.

"Kazimir," Anna sighed and smiled at him. "People find ways to stay out of hospitals and here, you want to stay while you are healthy enough," She remarked amusedly.

"Taking an excuse from all the paperwork," He shrugged off and said cheekily.

"You're just procrastinating," Anna pointed out and chuckled softly.

"No, my brother is taking care of it while I'm away." He said looking at her.

"I feel pity for your brother," She cooed and he boyishly smiled at her.

"You look tired," He exclaimed after noticing her tired feature.

"Kind of. Just came out from OT," She sighed and slumped her shoulders.

"C'mon, let's grab some coffee," He winked at her and dragged her along with him.

They made their way downstairs and to the cafeteria. Kazimir ordered two coffee and they sat at one corner of the cafeteria.

"Leo knows that I'm here, I told him," Kazimir said as he took a sip of his coffee. "Did you check your phone?" He asked giving her a suspense smile.

Anna shook her head and fetched her phone from her coat pocket. There were two missed calls from Leo.

"I told him that you were in OT," Kazimir informed and grinned widely looking at her.

"Are you spying on me?" Anna narrowed her eyes and gave him an amused smile.

"I would love to," He answered cheekily to which Anna rolled her eyes over and chuckled at him. Then she looked down on her phone and called Leo. The ring went on and on but there was no answer from the other side.