Chapter 12: Complicated

Later in the evening, Gideon went looking for Leo in his room but he was not there. He decide to call him up and dialled on his number but there was no answer. He called him for a number of times but still no answer. Then he called up Kazimir to ask about Leo.

"What's up?" Kazimir received the call immediately.

"Where are you? Is Leo with you?" Gideon asked quickly.

"I'm in my room and Leo's not with me."

"I'm looking for him but he's not in his room and I called him up to a number of times, he's not answering my call."

"Gid, Where are you now?"

"I'm downstairs, at the reception."

"I'm coming now."

After waiting for some minutes, he saw Kazimir running towards him.

"Did you check around?" Kazimir asked as he reached him.

"Yeah, I did. I've been looking for him since afternoon." Gideon answered. "He always tells me where he goes." He sighed looking around. "This doesn't feel right," He furrowed worriedly and shrieked.

"I think I know where he will be," Kazimir said after giving a thought.

"Where?"

"At the Brandy."

"He only goes there whenever he's angry or stressed."

"Yeah! Remember what happened in the afternoon—" Kazimir raised an eyebrow at him. "He must be blaming himself for hitting Anna."

"Let's go there!" Gideon jabbed on Kazimir's chest and gestured him to come. By the time they reached the Brandy, it was already very dark. They entered inside and saw Leo sitting by the counter, drinking. Kazimir shook his head and sighed.

"He is a very bad drinker. I can see he's already drunk." He said and strolled towards Leo and Gideon followed him behind.

"Hey, Jimmy!" Gideon greeted the bartender guy.

"Hello, Gideon, Kazimir!" Jimmy gave them a wolfish grin.

"How much did he drink?" Kazimir asked glancing at Leo.

"You know his limit," Jimmy said amusedly. Gideon shook his head and placed his hand on Leo's shoulder.

"C'mon, Buddy, let's go. You have reached your limit." Gideon said, resting his hand on Leo's shoulder.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm waiting for Mio Coure." Leo said glancing lazily at his friends. Gideon and Kazimir creased their eyebrows and looked at Jimmy.

"He called someone earlier. I gave her the address. Anna, it is, her name." Jimmy explained. Gideon ran his hand over his hair while Kazimir pursed his lips and scratched his head.

"What will we do?" Kazimir asked throwing a glance at Gideon. "If Anna sees him in this condition, things might get worse."

"C'mon Leo, let's go," Gideon said and grabbed him by his arm. Kazimir came to the other side and grabbed him. "We have to get out of here before Anna gets here."

"Gideon, Kazimir!" They heard a familiar voice calling them from behind. They turned back and saw Anna and Maria. Both of them were staring at them with their arms crossed over their chest. "What happened to him?" Anna asked as she drifted her eyes at Leo and strolled towards them. Leo, on noticing Anna, shoved away from his friends and moved towards Anna with a huge smile playing on his face.

"Mio coure, you're finally here." He said hugging her tightly. "I thought I will never see you again." He said drunkenly. Anna creased her eyebrows and pushed him gently and came face to face.