Chapter 25: False Alarm

Anna was ready to go to the hospital. She grabbed her car key from the nightstand and went downstairs.

"Not so soon," Vernon came and held her wrist and dragged her into the kitchen. "Have your breakfast and then you can leave. Your health is getting weaker day by day." He said and placed her on the chair.

"Here's brunch torte for my lovely sister," Joshua cooed and placed the plate in front of her before placing a soft kiss on her temple. Anna clapped her hands together and closed her eyes gently as she hungrily devoured the aroma of the delicious dish in front of her.

"Thank you so much, Jo." She said cheerfully looking at her brother. Then she turned back to her breakfast and put a mouthful spoon into her mouth. She moaned in focus as she let the taste filled into her.

"Scrofa," Vernon chuckled softly looking at his sister.

"Don, you asked for us." Vito and a man entered inside the kitchen and addressed to Joshua. The man was of the same age.

"Yes, come and join us for breakfast." Joshua offered them. "Both of you have been working late."

Anna was busy chewing and enjoying her breakfast that she didn't even care to look back and see them. "Vito, come and join the table." She said over her shoulder.

"Yes, Boss." Vito grinned widely and strolled towards her and the man followed behind.

And as they were about to sit, Anna looked up and her eyes went wide in shock. "You!" she shouted making both the youngster stop midway in the process of sitting and gave her a horrid look. "What are you doing here, Cyrus?" She asked looking at the other man.

"Good to see you again, Boss." Cyrus gave her a sheepish look before bowing his head down in accord.

"He's my best friend, Boss. He joined the force two days ago." Vito said courtly.

"He was with the Sylvester's." Anna gave Joshua a glanced. "What made you change side?" She drifted her eyes at him and asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I chose the wrong side." He accepted.

"Can we trust you?" Anna narrowed her eyes at him while Joshua and Vernon watched her sister in complete amusement.

"I will give my life to protect this family," Cyrus said sincerely and bowed down again. Anna stared at him for some seconds before losing her guard off.

"Sit down and have breakfast, both of you." She chuckled at them. Did she scare them?

Both the youngster became relaxed and sat happily.

"By the way, Boss, I really admire you from the moment I saw you," Cyrus said sincerely. "And you fight really well. I was very impressed when you knocked that man down." He added to which Joshua and Vernon jerked an eyebrow toward her. "—and even me." He said sheepishly.

"I'm sorry for that day. If I leave you conscious, the Sylvester would probably kill you." Anna said in a bit of amused ton.

"I'm glad that you knocked me down that day, Boss." Cyrus appreciated and smiled at her.

"Okay, both of you," Joshua appeared behind them and kept his hands on either of their heads and push gently. "Eat your breakfast and get back to work."

"Yes, Don." They both responded robotically in unison.

After some minutes of having their breakfast, Anna was done and stood up from her seat.

"I'm heading for my work." She said and hugged her brothers.

"Don't forget to have your lunch, Princess," Vernon said kissing her forehead. "I have spies to report me." He jested with a cheeky smile.