Chapter 3: Devil's Casino

As Anna strolled out from the VIP room being annoyed and glared at the floor, she tilted her head up and saw Noah at some distance in the hallway, waiting for her. She quickly masked her emotions and strolled towards him.

"What're you doing here?" Anna asked as she reached him. "It's already lunchtime."

"I was waiting for you, Ma'am," he said.

"You should stop addressing me as ma'am, it makes me feel old." Anna chuckled at him. "Call me Anna,"

"I can't, I'm an intern under your guidance." He said politely with a boyish smile.

"Call me Senior then, will do?"

"Okay, Senior," he agreed.

"Now go and have your lunch and come to me after you're done, I have some work for you," Anna informed.

"What about you? Won't you have lunch?" Noah asked.

"I'm not hungry. I'll see you later, Noah." Anna patted on his shoulder and walked away from him. Noah wanted to ask her to have lunch together but he didn't have the courage to do so.

Anna went to her cabin and rested on her chair. She rested her head against the chair and sighed deeply, closing her eyes. Tears welled up and fell down her cheeks as her mind took her back to five years ago. The talks she had with Kazimir a few moments ago, made her recollect the past. She fetched for her phone from the pocket. She went to her gallery and stared at Leo's picture, the one Alesso had sent her five years ago. All these years, she couldn't forget him but she had to do what she has to do. She has to leave him for good.

"I hope you're doing fine," she whispered staring at the picture, tears rolling down her cheeks. She rested her hands on the table and ducked her head on her hands and cried silently. Soon there was a soft knocked on her door, she quickly lifted her head up and wiped her tears away.

"Come in,"

"I knew I'd find you here," Layla said as she entered inside. "You're skipping lunch again." She said in a chiding manner and strolled towards her. Her hands were filled with tiffins. "Did you cry, Anna?" she asked feeling worried when she noticed her red eyes.

"No, I didn't." she lied. "I am just very tired, I want to sleep."

"Take a day off, please," Layla said in a concerned voice and begged her.

"Not required, I'll just sleep for some moments and I'll be okay," Anna said and stood up from her chair. "I'm going to sleep for a while. Please wake me up after lunchtime."

"But what about your lunch?"

"I'm not hungry," she said and went inside the restroom inside her cabin.

"I'm leaving the tiffins here on your table, have it when you're hungry," Layla shouted to her.

"Alright, thank you, Layla." Anna thanked her as she lay down on the bed. She placed her arm over her eyes and covered it. Once again, tears fell down her cheeks.

"Are you sure you're okay, Anna?" She heard Layla's worried voice asking her from her cabin. She sniffled quietly and panted.

"I'm fine." She managed to keep a straight voice.

"Rest well, dear. I'll see you later."

Anna shuffled on the bed and closed her eyes. She silently kept on crying until she fell into sleep.

***

Leo and his brothers had already arrived at Berlin in the morning and they were now at the hotel room waiting for the day to turn into evening. Kazimir has sent them the address for the meeting in the afternoon.