Chapter 2: Don's Treasure

The Harondale Mansion: Berlin, Germany.

It was seven in the morning and Anna was sleeping soundly on her bed until a devil appeared and disturbed her from her peaceful sleep.

Vernon made his way towards Anna's room as he heavily trudged up the stairs. It is like his daily routine to visit his lovely sister early in the morning. The first person he always likes to see is Anna; she's like a good luck charm for him.

Ever since Anna has made home five years ago, the environment around the house has been changed completely. The missing piece has been found and the house was back to its liveliness like it was fourteen years ago. The smile and laughter that has left their family fourteen years ago have been blossomed again by the interval of Anna, five years ago.

"Tessa! Oh, Tessa!" He cooed into a song as he ascended up the stairs towards his sister's room. An immediate smile formed on his handsome face as he watched his little sister sleeping soundly on the bed.

Anna shuffled on her bed and groaned in his irritated voice and put the pillow over her ear, clutching it tightly so to avoid his voice. Vernon grinned widely and plonked on the bed beside her. "C'mon, princess, wake up, the sun's up," he said as he tried to remove the pillow from her head. But she held on the pillow tightly and shoved him to the ground by her legs.

Vernon really likes to irritate his little sister. He got up from the floor and curled on the bed again and continued to disturb her.

"Jo, Vernon is disturbing me!" Anna shouted out loud for Joshua. And within a second, Joshua came strolling in. She took sight of her elder brother and started to whine like a baby. "Jo—"

"Stop disturbing our little sister, Vernon. She hardly gets to sleep these days." Joshua said as he smacked gently at the back of his head.

"I-hate-you!" Anna was painted with irritation as she hit him with the pillow with every word she spoke. "I slept at three in the morning because I had to check on a patient at two." She whined and hit him.

"I'm sorry, princess." Vernon apologized sheepishly. "I didn't know you were working late at night."

"Now that you know, get out of my room and don't disturb me." She threw the pillow at him. "Let me sleep for some moments, I got lots of works to do later."

"Get some sleep, Tessa. I'll wake you up after a while." Joshua said and kissed on her forehead. Then he turned to Vernon and gave him a pointed look, "If you dare disturb her again, I'll hang you upside down." He warned him before strolling out of the room. Vernon simply grinned at his back and waved him animatedly. Once Joshua was out of the room; he turned towards Anna and plonked on the bed beside her, again.

"You can just quit being a doctor and live like a princess, Tessa." Vernon joked but it was a fact though. He doesn't like to see his little sister doing loads of work every now and then. These loads of works stress her a lot.

"But I love treating people," Anna said quietly.

"I know." Vernon sighed softly and pulled her closer to him, making her head to rest over his chest. Anna smiles warmly and cuddled onto his brother tightly. "Rest well and get strong. We still have our one on one combat to go." He said softly.

"Give up, brother dear. You'll never win over me." Anna whispered mocked at him and drift into her sleep.

***

After a satisfying sleep, Anna woke up with a huge grin playing on her lips.

"This feels good," She breathed out as she stretched her arms wide open. She looked beside and saw Vernon sleeping soundly. Soon she wore a wicked smile and reach for her pillow.