C H A P T E R F I V E

Start from the beginning

I swiveled my head at Aniya when she giggled softly. "Hi Keith, getting your work done?" The hell was.. I gave her a look before glancing at Keith again as he chuckled.

"I am. Thanks to you I'm actually passing my shit." He then caught my gaze and his smirk widened. "I'll see you tomorrow, Niya... hope you bite as much as you bark, big A Phi."

"Oh you wanna see bark? Shoot my one right now bruh." I went to hop up but Aniya wrapped her hand around my forearm, pulling me back down. Keith backed away with a laugh as he tossed the ball back to his friends.

"Can you relax? He was just playing around." I gave her a look as I pulled my arm out of her grasp.

"What he mean 'see you tomorrow' you seeing that nigga?" She rolled her eyes and picked up the bag of hot cheetos again. "Aniya Ford." I said sternly and she huffed, dropping the bag and looking up at me.

"I'm tutoring him, Y/n. Not fucking him." I opened my mouth to reply when my phone buzzed, my timer going off and letting me know I had to get back to my test.

I nodded and stood up. "Yeah alright." I pocketed my phone. "I gotta talk to my professor real quick." She waved her hand hand and picked up the bag while looking down at her phone. Man.. she was acting weird as hell.

After jogging back to my professors office, I walked in with an apologetic smile. "Hi, I ran down to my locker to grab a shirt." She nodded with and understanding smile. "Okay.." I mumbled to myself as I picked up my pencil. "Let's get it."

-

"I wanna ask you something." I hummed at Rihanna who was standing in front of the mirror, her and I the only ones here since the others already were getting ready to fly to Philly. "Why do you want to get your masters?"

I looked up from the textbook on my lap and saw her already staring at me from the mirror. "Um.. I don't know. My dad got his, Ma too. Guess I'm just following." She nodded softly and silently allowed me to look back at my textbook. I bit my bottom lip as I scribbled down my notebook in a hurry to finish this homework.

"Okay, another question." I nodded and kept working. "Why are you following?" My hand stopped moving as she sat down in front of me with her legs crossed. "You must have a plan if you gonna do another two years."

I bit my bottom and looked up again, her green eyes still staring me down curiously. "I..don't know." I shrugged and sat my pencil down. "I just knew it's what my parents would want so I'm doing it." She hummed and looked away, making me close my books. "What?"

She tilted her head as she grabbed her ponytail and ran her fingers through it. "And what do you want to be doing?" I smirked softly and she groaned, dropping back onto the floor. "Now I thought I had a dirty mind but youu chile-"

"In my defense, you be setting yourself up yo." She gave me a look from her laid position so I raised my hands in surrender. "Okay okay. I don't know what my plan is. Probably take my Praxis to become a teacher like my dad."

"And that's what you wanna do?"

I huffed and spoke back with a bite in my tone. "I just fucking said I don't know what I wanna do." You know that moment when you regret something immediately like.. snapping at someone so famous your granny sung her songs. Yeah..

She slowly raised up, her eyes hard as she stared me down but less curiously and more.. whatever it was made me nervous. "I know you didn't just yell at me right?" She looked over her shoulder before pointing at herself. "You just yell at me?"

"No I- well yeah but- but I mean.." I trailed off when she leaned forward, silently silencing me.

"Stutter stutter is back." I furrowed my eyebrows when she crossed her arms, lips pursed. "Say sorry." Her head tilted at my silence. "I'm sure I ain't just stutter so.."