23. Poolside Convo

The very first thing I notice when I wake up is how sore my left ear felt. I can barely open my eyes when I lift my head upwards. I'm laying down on the couch with my head on something that doesn't feel like a pillow.

I'm suddenly wide awake when I see I was laying down right in front of Harry. Somehow I ended up moving from the side of the couch I was in before I fell asleep to the side where Harry was. My head was resting on his arm that was extended out. His other hand was loosely on the top of my hip. His head was snuggled into my back. His snores and breathing were deep.

I blink at the wall for a few seconds, contemplating my choices. As good as it felt laying with him like this, the probability of someone walking in and getting the wrong idea is very likely in a full house.

I don't have much time to make a decision when I hear pots clanging in the kitchen. I don't want to risk it and stay here. For all I know, Gigi could be in that kitchen right now.

I slowly begin to sit up. Harry seemed to still be in a deep sleep so I think I have a chance of getting up without waking him up. Plus, I didn't have to move him too much from his position. I just had to be careful with my movements.

It was like playing a game of Jenga as I begin to slide forward, his hand still on me. I move my legs out on the floor slowly and all at once my body follows. He stayed still the entire time much to my relief. I quietly rise to my feet and stretch a bit before going to the kitchen. Liam's back is facing me when I walk up to the island. He was stirring up something in bowl before glancing up and immediately making eye contact with me.

"Jesus!" He hisses, clutching his chest. "You scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry," I sheepishly say, holding back a smile. He raises his eyebrows at me as he walks to the stove.

"Sleep well?"

I try to play it cool and take a seat on the stool right beside me. "Yep."

His attention is on the pan with egg yolks on them. But he throws a glance at me, a smile playing on his lips.

"Did you?"

"Yep." I remain calm on the outside.

"Interesting.."

I bite the inside of my left cheek, choosing to stay silent. Maybe he didn't walk into the living room. Maybe he was being weird for no reason. He stirs around the pan, making the eggs scramble around. He sprinkles on salt, whistling to himself for a few more seconds.

"Hey, Lacey?"

"Yes?" I ask slowly.

"Is there anything you'd like to share with the class?"

My tongue sticks out to wet my dry lips. I couldn't really see his face because he was looking down at his damn eggs. I couldn't tell if this was just another weird Liam joke or if he knew something.

"No."

He looks straight up at me, the utensil in his hand clanking against the pan. "Lacey Blue Winters, you goddamn wily liar."

"Excuse me?"

His eyes narrow at me, raising his index finger.
"Don't you dare play innocent with me."

"Liam—"

"I saw you two!" His voice is lowered and his eyes are wide.

"Saw.. what?"

"You. Harry. On the couch. Cuddling."

Shit.

"Liam—"