17. Out in the Moonlight

I could see Harry's dimples resting contently on his cheek as his lips curled up into a smile. I took a step closer. His hair looked like it was shorter and neater than usual. It looks like he got a haircut. Another step and I could take in what he was wearing. I blushed when I see the top buttons of his ivory stain short-sleeved shirt were undone. A good amount of his chest was out and I could see the black ink I've come to worship on his skin with a simple silver chain resting above it. He took a step towards me. His trim legs were adorned by black skintight jeans, something I noticed he liked wearing. I walked closer and saw his large hands decorated with gold and silver statement rings along with a gold watch on his right wrist.

When we were only a few feet apart from each other, all that was exchanged between us was long looks and small, giddy smiles. I could feel the magnetic energy between us again, like it never left despite us being separate for half an hour.

I didn't think of how Gigi would feel if she knew we were about to embark on a date. I didn't think of how any of our friends would react to finding out we faked being sick so we could sneak out together. I didn't think of how my mom would feel is she knew I was 6 hours away from home. Everything had escaped my head just by looking at him.

I took full responsibility for it all and I'm sure I would pay for it later. But right now, I gave all my attention to the guy standing right in front of me. Someone who I met a week ago today. Someone who I never in a million years I thought I would share a room with. Someone who I'm sure was a god in a past life.

"Hi," he softly says.

"Hi."

He looks at me for a few more seconds before looking down at his hand. "This is for you." He holds up a single white rose. It had big, wrinkly thin petals and a pastel fuzzy yellow bud in the middle. I don't hold back a gasp as I look at the beauty he was holding.

"It's known as a beach rose," he says as I gently take it from him. "Sorry if it's not a normal rose. It's all that grows in the bloody garden."

"No," I tell him immediately, "it's great. It-it's beautiful." It really was. My cheeks feel hot under his stare. I carefully held the rose up. The sweetest gesture I have ever been given was in my hand.

"Much like you," he tells me with a gentle tone, his eyes falling slowly down at my feet then back up at my eyes.

I can't believe I haven't burst into flames yet by how much I was blushing. I look down at my feet and smile, not knowing how to respond to something like that from someone who can kill simply with his looks.

"Shall we?" He says, nodding towards the staircase. I nod. He motions for me to go first and he closely follows behind.

My legs felt the jelly the whole way down to the car. I mentally give myself a high-five for wearing sneakers instead of heels because I would have fallen flat on my face by now. There was a comfortable silence between us the whole way down. I blushed even more when Harry opened the car door for me.

"So where are we going?" I ask.

He gives me a smirk before driving away from the house. "To have dinner."

"Uh huh.." I was expecting a few more details than what he was giving me right now.

He chuckles but doesn't say anything else. He just turns on the radio and settles on an alternative station, turning the volume down a soft level.

"How's your fever?" I jokingly ask.

"Much better. Yours?"

"I'm expecting to make a full recovery."