Chapter 10: The Sentinels

Start from the beginning

Richard asked, "Of What?".

I said, "I don't know. Power. Something worth starting fights over.".

Richard hummed and said, "Well, we've had luck with one member on the list. Onyx Kanuchi of Vacuo. He's completely off the grid. Squatting, I think. Moves suddenly and often.".

I said, "Disappearing act, huh? We have people in Vacuo, right?".

Richard nodded and said, "They're already on it.".

I asked, "What about this one?".

Richard said, "Uh, well, facial recognition's a bit dodgy on this one. But they've got a partial match. Volt Blazeheart. He lives and roams around Mantle day by day.".

I said, "Well isn't that nice.".

Richard said, "I don't recognize this world anymore.".

I said, "I do. And it's going down a path some may not be able to follow.".

Elsewhere In Mantle*

Volt Blazeheart's POV*

I've been finding all of these weird Golden Armored Wolf People and killing them for harming innocent civilians over the course of the last few days.

There didn't seem to be any particular way they got into the city but I just kept on killing them because it's easy and harmless.

Elsewhere In Antiheim*

Queen Rhene's POV*

We all came to the temple where The Sword of Destruction was acting up.

All the women kept their bows and weapons drawn on it.

I asked, "What are the changes?".

One of the guards said, "Not much, my queen. It just makes a strange buzzing sound.".

I looked at it curiously and one of my personal guards said, "If the Sword has awakened shouldn't it have destroyed everything on the island already?".

I turned to her and asked, "It has slept for thousands of years since the First Age. Why did it wake at all?".

The sword started to hum and it intensified before a Black Portal opened and a man stepped out of it.

He looked around and my personal guard said, "Montu.".

He looked at The Sword of Destruction and bowed before it and said, " After countless millennia of absorbing energy for the power of a way back. At last, I'm back where I belong.".

I said, "You will not like your welcome.".

Montu said, "Oh, I think we will." and his Anubis Accolytes flooded through the portal and the fight began.

My fellow warriors held their own against the Anubis Accolytes while I grabbed The Sword of Destruction and ran.

We sealed the gates to the chamber as I ran out.

I handed the sword off to one of my warriors and said, "Keep it moving." and we took off on horseback.

Montu's POV*

I busted my way out of this room and looked and saw them fleeing on horseback.

I jumped after them.

I landed taking seven of them out.

My Anubis Accolytes came out of the temple and started running after the remaining ones on horseback until I caught up with the one holding the sword.