8. Accusations & Murders

Start from the beginning

Niall stepped back and stared at Zayn with absolute hate. “Don’t think I won’t beat the shit out of that pretty face of yours.”

Shocked and angry, Zayn fixed his shirt. “Don’t come near me till you get your shit together.”

“You’re not punching anyone.” this time Ashley glared at Niall. What Niall said and did was unacceptable. She couldn’t tolerate it. “Drink some water and calm down. Please.”

“I’m gonna go upstairs and put the mattresses back where they belong. Come with?” Zayn said looking at Ashley.

Ashley nodded and followed him out of the dining area. She looked back at Niall, who was still angry sitting down staring at the glass of water placed in front of him.

“Are you ok?” she asked Zayn.

“Yeah.” he was evidently upset from the foul act and words from one of his best friends. “What has gotten into him? I’ve never seen him like this.”

“I don’t know. I guess he’s just losing it. But I’m sure he’ll be fine.”

“So after we put the two mattresses away, we have to pack Stephanie’s, Harry’s and Carrie’s stuff, right?” Zayn changed the topic and asked about the task the friends had discussed about earlier.

“Yep, and then whoever makes it out will return the things to their houses.” Ashley sighed. Talking about only one of them making out of the house always put knots in her stomach.

As the two friends climbed the stairs, Ashley felt a presence behind her. As terrified as she was to turn around and check who or what it was, she still looked over her shoulder slowly. She was startled and relieved at the same time once she saw it was only Niall.

“Oh my God Niall! You scared me.” she held her chest.

Zayn turned around and rolled his eyes in annoyance. He was greatly upset with Niall. He continued up the stairs and waited at the top.

Expecting a reply Ashley still faced Niall. She couldn’t see his face well to see if he was still angry as the back of his body blocked the light from the chandelier. But Niall just stood in place without saying anything. Upset with his odd behavior, Ashley turned around and climbed the remaining steps.

“So are you here to help us or not?” Zayn asked.

“I thought you were my best friend.” Niall said ignoring the question.

“I am Niall.” Zayn sighed. “Look, I know you’re upset about everything that’s going on but come on can we stop doing this? I forgive you for what you said and did.”

Ashley, who stood only inches away between the two boys looked at Niall expecting a reply. Zayn also hoped they could put all of this behind them. Only thing was, both of them couldn’t read or see the expression written on Niall’s face in the dark.

“Because forgetting about it will just make everything better, huh?” Niall said bitterly. “I fucking trusted you! You were like a brother to me.”

“What are you talking about? And why the hell are you taking all of your anger and frustration on me?!” Zayn asked offended.

“You’re only a lying conniving bastard! You’re nothing like how you show yourself to be!”

“Niall, I’m gonna say this only one more time. Calm the fuck down. I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about! What is it exactly that I did?” Zayn’s anger returned and he stepped closer in hope of seeing Niall’s face.

Ashley stepped back terrified. She didn’t want to get in the middle of the argument. As confusing as Niall’s words were, she hoped the two friends would solve the issue. Even if it meant one of them had to sock the other one in the jaw.