The Second Happy Ending.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I miss him.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I'm lonely I guess.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I miss his smile.

Beep.

I miss his hugs.

Beep.

I miss his positivity.

Beep.

His awful jokes.

Beep.

'DAD!' I heard a cry from the door. Taki came running over. My baby girl. Our baby girl. 'Hotaru is on his way. Oh Dad I'm so sorry we couldn't get here sooner.'

'It's okay hun. This monitor is a bitch though.' She sat beside me on a chair, tears streaming down her face, smiling at me.

'I can't believe it.....when the....when they called...' She chocked out between sobs.

'C'mere,' I said, holding out my arms. She jumped into them, almost winding me.

'I don't wanna loose you,' She cried into my shoulder.

'You aren't loosing me.' I pulled back to look her in the eyes. 'I'll always be here for you. No matter what. I'll look down with a smile, your papa by my side. We'll always be in your heart and memories right?' She nodded.

'Kacchan....' I heard from the door.

'Well don't just fuckin' stand there, come give me a hug, Izuku.' He sobbed, running to the other side of my bed.

'Taki called me b-but you ca-can't die.' He blubbered on, muttering about how I was 'too young' and 'had so much to live for'.

'Hey old man.' A whisper came from a tall figure leaning on the door frame.

'Horatu Kirishima how dare you.' I said with a smirk on my face. I mean I'm only 37.

'Well I'm not exactly wrong.' He countered.

Tears filled my eyes. What Deku said wasn't exactly wrong. I do have a lot to live for. My spot as number 2 hero, dropping down from number 1 due to Deku doing some rescue mission single-handedly. I had my little girl who was 4 months pregnant with her second kid. My brat of a son who couldn't be more like me, married to his husband who were both planning on adopting. I had my friends who all still met up for gaming night to play 'the classics' even after the loss of two members.

But I had so much more to die for. Eijiro was up there. Around 8 years ago when we were both even higher on the charts Ei and I were on a mission. A villian attacked. A strong villian. He was bigger, faster, stronger than any I'd seen. We took him down and saved a lot of civillians.

A building had been hit. There were more people to be saved inside.

I knew that. I also knew it'd be a suicide mission to get them out.

Kirishima knew that too.

But he was as stubborn as he was unbreakable.

He looked me in the eyes,

Smiled,

Told me he loved me,

And prepared for death.

I called out for him, being held back and told not to follow. I tried to run out of their arms. I tried to break away but as I finally did everything collapsed.

Only one person was left inside that buliding as piece after piece of bricks and cement dropped.

He ran out of time. Out of strength.

He broke.

But he was strong to the last second. He tried and I know he did. Everyone in that building survived except him. The one single person in my life who stayed. Kid's left for school, parents died, friends moved away but he never left my side until that day. I wish I followed him in but I didn't.

But now I can join him. See his smile again. Laugh at his dumb hair. Tell bad puns. Hug him. Kiss him. Be with him.

God I miss being with him.

In my final moments, I'm surrounded by my kids and best friend but I'm thinking of Kiri.

All out first moments.

There are so many I missed telling the kids.

The first time we called each other our first names.

The first time I met his moms.

My first birthday with him.

Our first time...

The first house we bought.

The first of our parents death.

The first jobs.

All of our firsts were so important to me but so were the second time we did the same stuff. And the third and fourth and fifth and every other time after because I spent it with him. Every second was special when he was by my side.

Then he died so all that was left was his lingering scent and the memories.

But I'm ready to see him again.

Not everyone gets happy endings but I sure as hell got the fucking best one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------—

:(