Clay

A/N: Welcome to the sequel! I wanted to update this earlier, but I've been busy. Sorry about that. For this story, I'll try and update every day. Also, please tell me if there are any spelling errors. Enjoy!

Clay was not ready. He was going back to school from the long, stressful winter break that had been like no other. He grabbed his backpack and walked out the door. He was going to head to class, and try to lay low for a while, not wanting to have any attention, but he knew it was going to happen. A student at their school had died, and Clay was there when it happened. He would be bombarded with questions.

He wasn't looking forward to it.

He was glad that Glory wasn't laying in bed all day, too, and that she was coming to school with the rest of them. He had worried about Glory a lot since Deathbringer died. She was a sister to him, and he checked up on her when he could.

Sunny, Glory, Clay, Starflight, Tsunami, and Clay were all meeting up in the library at their school because they had their first hour together. Clay wished he could see

Peril before the bell rang for their first class, but she took a school bus to school, and when the bus arrived at school, she had barely any time to get to class.

Clay walked to the school, and headed to the library, pulling his hood over his head to avoid people seeing him. He walked as fast as he could to the library, and saw that Sunny, Starflight, Glory, and Tsunami were already there.

"Hey, Clay," Tsunami said. "Why so late?"

"I was trying to avoid attention, so I took the long way to the library where there aren't as many people." Clay replied.

"You have no idea how many people came up to me today telling me they're sorry." Glory said, crossing her arms. "Like, I don't want your support because it's hard enough as it is, and I don't want it to be all anyone talks about. It's over, and what's been done is done. We can't change the past, and you have nothing to apologize for. And I don't even know half of the people who talked to me."

"I didn't get much attention," Starflight said. "But it seems like a lot of people forgot I was there. I'm not really as popular as the rest of you."

"Starflight, we still like you," Sunny said. "You're part of this group or whatever you want to call us, and we've value you. You're our friend, and nothing can change that."

Starflight smiled. "Thanks."

"Hey, what are you all doing tonight?" Tsunami asked.

"Homework." Glory groaned. "You really think that our teachers won't give us homework?"

"Eh, I just don't really care." Tsunami replied.

"I need to start studying for our finals." Starflight said. "And of course, I need to do homework."

"You're studying for your finals already?" Glory asked. "We just got back to school. Finals are in months."

"You can never be too prepared." Starflight said.

Hey, I've got an idea." Sunny said. "What if you come over to my house and we can do our homework. We can hang out, and we will still get our work done."

"That's a great idea." Clay replied. "Let's meet up after school, here, and then we can head to Sunny's place."

"Well, we should head to class." Sunny said. "We've got about a minute before the bell rings."

"Come on," Clay said. "Let's go."

They walked to class, only bumping into a few people, who pretty much just ignored them, and walked into their first class: history, with Riptide's father, Webs.

"Alright class, please sit down." Webs said. "I want you all to open up your history books. You will be researching the immigration of some of the founders of Pyrrhia who went and created our neighboring city, Pantala."

A collective groan came from the class, and Webs glared at them. "Originally, I was only going to have you write a 1,000 words essay, but since you all are disrespectful, it is now 2,000 words, and a diagram of how the population has grown."

Really? Clay thought. I know he's mean, but that's just cruel.

"Uh, sir?" A student asked. It was Changbai. "Could we research something more recent? Like Darkstalker? And the effects of trauma on high school students?" He looked over at Glory and smirked.

"No." Clay said. "We're not."

"Now, while Clay here is correct that we will not be doing that, he should not have spoken out in class like that." Webs said. "And neither should you have, Mr. Changbai. Both of you will see me after class."

"Yes, sir." They said.

Well, Clay thought. This day has had a wonderful start.