NO-MORE: DEPENDENT VARIABLE (4)

Dependent Variable (Chapter 4)

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Characters or Marvel Characters. *Also this chapter is going to be long*

Discovery - Allan Residence

Few things in life that are unexpected and genuinely left Peter breathless. Swinging through the beautiful New York sights is one and another one of those few things is waking up, in your ex-girlfriend's bedroom, miraculously ALIVE! Peter Parker's eyes slowly opened, like a newborn baby, and was blinded by the sunlight that pierced through the windows. But he wasn't in his bed, he was on the soft carpet. His eyes wide opened as he realized he was in an unfamiliar place. His hands touch his face and realize his mask and suit were stripped off him, only left in his boxer briefs and a thin blanket. He immediately rose up off the soft carpet, but he felt a sharp pain from his calf. He immediately removed the blanket to reveal his dark bruises and white patches all over him.

'Huh?' His hand felt around his legs and the back of his calf and felt the cloth bandages that wrapped around his bloody gunshot wound.

Suddenly the door swung open as a familiar voice called out to him, "P-Petey... you need to lay down and rest." Liz caught him and slowly dropped him down to the soft carpet. Peter looked up at her, in such a panic. 'OH SHOOT!'

"How'd- WHAT THE- W-WHERE'S MY SUIT?!" He frantically panicked as his eyes quickly darted around her room.

"Relax Petey, it's in your backpack... shredded in pieces" Liz reassured him as she tossed his backpack over to his side. "Petey... breathe, I told my mom I'm sick... so I could stay home ..." She added, as her hand rested on his shoulders.

Peter was confused, she wasn't angry. Like she had the chance to kill him, right there and then... with no witnesses. But she didn't. Probably she was tired, cause she looked exhausted, wearing no makeup, just a long, oversized green T-shirt and black sports shorts.

"L-Liz... You patched me up?" His eyes stared at his stitched-up cuts.

"Yeah ... here, you may want to ice that bruise on your cheek," she handed him a fresh ice pack.

"T- thanks... " he quietly spurted out. "When'd you learn to stitch?" he added.

"Well, Mark would get into fights at night cause he couldn't pay off his debts. Sometimes he has to deal with guns or knives... and guess who had to patch him up... especially before my parents came home from work would get shot. So this isn't my first rodeo... sadly" she softly explained.

All of a sudden, Liz's mother called for her, "ELIZABETH! I made chicken noodle soup. I heard it helps with clearing sinuses!"

"Coming Mama! You stay here, Petey."

Once she left, Peter laid back, still holding the ice pack to his bruises, and wondered, 'How did I get myself into this!'

Fisk Tower

James Wesley approached his boss with unfortunate news. "Patrol Units have searched everywhere, but there was no corpse or no signs of his tracks" Wesley broke the news.

"That's fine, Wesley," Wilson quickly dismissed.

"Also, the Press would like to speak to you, about your campaign to be the Mayor. Especially the reporter from the Bugle, Ned Lee," his assistant added.