FALL-OUT: MUTUAL ATTACHMENT (4)

Chapter 4: Mutual Attachment

Disclaimer: We don't own any of the Spectacular Characters, Marvel Characters, or any of the Disney properties... We just do this for fun :)

"So... what happened to Billy, Mrs. Connors?"

Immediately, her cheerful facade dropped at the sound of her questioning and it echoed in Martha's tiny head.

"What happened to Billy?"

Martha vividly remembers everything that went on this last month. The madness that went on. And all the work that had to be done... it's something that she needed to spill to someone. Anyone... a therapist... an old friend... even an old intern.

"Mrs. Connors?" the blonde softly called for her attention. Gwen knew she was going to crack.

She just needed to keep picking at it.

Martha finally cracked.

"Billy, can you go to your room, please? Have your dad put in the movie for you," she ordered her son.

Once they heard the door sound shut, Martha gulped, "Alright... alright, I'll tell you. But you must promise me, Gwen. Do not tell this to anyone. Understand"

Gwen assuringly nodded in response.

'Here we go...'

With total transparency, leaving New York made the young Billy Connors tear up. It was the only place he's ever known, having been nowhere out of the state. He barely even stepped out of the city. Not like New York City was heaven...

In several ways, it was HELL.

Crazed animal-themed lunatics terrorized the city every other week. Some with horns, some with wings, and some with a bit of both.

Yet the madness became the solace for New Yorkers. A routine of sorts. The terror, the constant dread, and damaged property... the citizens have become accustomed to it. They've even gotten used to a certain web slinger, saving the day, every time and every chance he gets.

It made New York City home to everyone, especially to the young boy.

And moving to Orlando, Florida hurt, knowing he'd never see his friendly neighborhood Spider-Man again. The man who saved his father from himself, and the Lizard inside him. He knew he was going to miss him swinging by the ESU building.

Plus, he knew nobody there...

Knew absolutely nobody there... which was perfect for Martha and Curt. A chance to start fresh, and leave the past behind. Especially after all the Lizard madness, creepy co-workers, and supervillain science experiments. The worst thing was that the madness didn't stay outside of their former lab, it was in it. It came from it. Nearly every freak of the week that terrorized New York City came out of that ESU lab. And that guilt lingered with Martha and Curt. So Florida was their life raft.

When they arrived in Florida, Billy paid more attention to his father's experiments, knowing that he'd have to do this someday. And they're starting from scratch, so they had no "trustworthy" interns. So Billy was up to the plate.