65 | blake

I know that I should probably head home soon, yet I can't leave until I've heard from Noah; until I know for sure if he's staying here in Magnolia Heights or going home to live with his mother once again

I know that I should probably head home soon, yet I can't leave until I've heard from Noah; until I know for sure if he's staying here in Magnolia Heights or going home to live with his mother once again. Part of me knows I'm being selfish, yet I don't care. Noah Reed has become one of the most important parts of my life, and I don't know what I would do if he were to suddenly walk out.

I'm sitting in Noah's room as I wait for him to return, unsure of what I'm going to hear from him. Caroline and Mr. Reed had left just a few moments ago, assuring me that I could wait up for Noah if I pleased.

As if my thoughts have conjured him, I glance up to find Noah's lean figure entering his bedroom. Noticing his expression, I can tell he's distraught. I know how much Noah has missed his mother and goodbyes have never been easy for him. I find myself wondering if his part from her was a "goodbye, I'll see you when I go back home" or a "goodbye, I've decided to stay here".

Noah's gaze meets mine as he closes his bedroom door, and he offers me a soft smile. I don't want to come right out and ask him what decision he made, yet waiting for him to speak is driving me insane.

Unable to take it any more, I prompt, "Well?"

Noah's smile slowly widens as he mutters, "I'm staying."

A squeal I'm unable to contain escapes my lips. I jump off of his bed without a second thought, rushing up to him in disbelief.

"You're staying?" I repeat.

"What did I tell you?" Noah teases, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm not going anywhere, remember? This is for the long run. You're stuck with me."

"There's no one else I'd rather be stuck with," I murmur, cupping his face in my hands. "You're not lying to me, are you? You're actually staying?"

"I'm staying," Noah confirms with a chuckle, his eyes dancing with amusement. "There's too much for me here that I'm not ready to leave yet. I'm not ready to leave you yet."

A smile works its way across my lips as I lean forward and press mine against Noah's, kissing him softly. He kisses me back before releasing me, taking my hand in his and pulling me down onto his bed with him.

"I can't believe you graduated today," I murmur. "I'm going to have to go an entire school year without you."

"You have Jess," Noah says. "Plus, you went every other school year without me. You'll be fine."

"I know," I tease. "I'd just rather have you around."

"I'm not going anywhere, Blake," Noah reminds me once again. "I don't know what the future holds, but I know I want you in mine."

"I want you in mine," I respond softly. "I really liked your mom, by the way. She was really nice."

"She liked you, too," Noah says. I notice a faint sadness has crept back into his gaze. "I'm gonna miss her."