Chapter 49 - Half pet-vengers

Slowly opening your eyes you let out a yawn and stretch before cuddling up next to Loki. With slightly sleepy eyes you seem to admire his calm face, watching his chest rise and fall, the whole thing really. He looked so peaceful.

"Morning, darling," you grin as he mumbles these words still half asleep.

"Morning, sleepy head," you place a gentle kiss on his nose waking him up more. "I could probably get used to waking up like this,"

"I could too," he pulls you closer by the waist and places a soft kiss on your lips. Then a furry animal forced it way between your two.

"What the-" realisation hits you as memories of yesterday flood back. "God dammit," you pick Nat up and place her at the foot of the bed.

"I have an idea,"

"We are not selling them," Loki grumbles and rolls his eyes.

"Not exactly what I was thinking... I was thinking maybe we drop them off at a pet resort and leave them there until they turn back..."

"No-"

"That would mean we have the whole tower to ourselves," you contemplated it for a while before shaking your head.

"Tempting but still a no," sitting upright you look around the room and see all the animals start to wake up. "Morning guys," everyone gives a short noise to mark their presence as Pietro falls on your pillow. "Hey there, speedy," you pick up the sloth and place him on your back. "Who wants breakfast?" The animals all perk up and run to the door, waiting patiently for you to open it up. Chuckling you open the door and walk to the kitchen, everyone trailing behind. "What do you want for breakfast," you ask Loki once you place Pietro down with Wanda.

"You," Loki wraps his arms around your waist and nuzzles his head in the crook of your neck. Leaning into his touch you go to give a kiss only for Loki to yell in pain as Tony pulls on his hair. "You quim!" Loki takes out a dagger and aims it at Tony who's laughter stopped and turned into cries of terror.

"Animal abuse is not tolerated," you take the knife off him as he tries to defend himself. "You can kill him when he's back his normal self," Loki nods and glares at Tony who was making faces at him. "Ok, does bacon and eggs sound good?" They all give nods as Bruce bounces to the fridge. "Whatcha looking for, Bruce," you open the fridge to fetch eggs, Bruce jumps in and grabs a bag of carrots, trying his best to pull it out.

"I think he's a vegetarian in this state," you give a nod and prepare a bowl of lettuce and carrots for Bruce, some leaves for Pietro and the same for Thor. Soon everyone was eating happily before Steve walked up to you and put his head in your lap.

"What is it, cap?" Steve points out the window and to Central Park. "Want to go for your daily run?" Cap nods again as Bucky walks up, wanting the same thing. "Loki, can you make a few collars and leashes for Cap and Buck?"

"I can sure try," soon as everyone was done you changed into leggings and a shirt.

"Anyone else want to go out?" Everyone else shakes their head as you kiss Loki goodbye. "Come on, super dogs," holding the leashes tight you walked down the streets of New York, a few stares given to you, considering you had a wolf on a leash. Once at Central Park you set some ground rules before letting the soldiers go.

~~~

"I'm back!" You hold bags of pet food as the super dogs carried a bag in their mouths. Putting them down on the kitchen table you look around to see everything in pristine condition... too pristine... "Thank you boys," you take the bags off the soldiers and place them on the counter as they run off down the hall. Walking towards Tony's room where you saw the dogs run off to, you push the slightly open doors.

"STOP!" Jumping at the noise you run to the very very large bathroom to see it covered in bubbles and water, animals drenched and a not so happy Loki trying to get Thor out the toilet.

"What happened here?" Loki sighs and finally pries Thor out the toilet.

"I tried to give these two a bath because Tony spilled coffee grounds all over himself and Wanda," you look around to see Nat happily watching on the counter with Bruce.

"Where is Pietro?" You turn to the shower where water was running down the sloths back, he looked incredibly happy. "Ah, well..." the two dogs immediately jump into the large bathtub... it was more of a hot tub but that didn't matter, all that mattered is that you were now drenched and so was everyone else. Nat gave a hiss as Bruce started to turn green, the two canines whimpered a sorry as Vision and Peter sat on the open cabinet, safe from water.

"Mind helping me?"

~~~

With everyone dry and happy Loki's head was in your lap as he scanned magical books he had brought from Asgard.

"Find anything?" Loki continues to scan and mumble before stopping.

"Actually, I did," he sits up and reads over the incantation. "I found a reversal spell, but it has to be said precisely, get everyone here," all the animals were sat around waiting for Loki to start, as Loki mumbled words his hands glowing green, Tony started to irritate Thor. Eventually Thor rammed Tony into Loki's lap... which hit you know where just as he finished the spell. A green glow filled the room, looking back at the group everyone was back to normal...

"Finally I'm back!" Tony said happily on the ground. You stared bewildered as Loki groaned.

"Feels good," Nat stretches her arms before noticing you confusion. "What?" You hold in a snort as you pointed to decorative mirror in the living room.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" You couldn't contain it anymore, you burst into laughter, clutching your stomach as everyone screamed in terror at their reflection.

"This can't be happening-"

"Pietro and Peter look fine," Peter opens his mouth to speak only for his tongue to shoot out. "Nevermind... pietro?" You notice the speedster slowly getting off the ground... almost in slow motion. "Ok... Nevermind that either," looking around the room everyone had something of their animal counter part. Bruce, Nat, Cap, Bucky, and Wanda had the ears and tail of their animals, Tony just had a monkey tail, Thor had goat horns, and Vision had chameleon eyes.

"What happened to the spell, reindeer games?" Tony says in a panic.

"It would have gone according to plan if you hadn't caused me to mess up by-"

"Ok! I get it it's my fault," Tony grumbles. "Can you fix it?" Loki picks up the spell book and reads it through.

"I will need to research more," Loki walks off with a scowl, limping slightly.

"Good job, Stark," everyone walks off a little pissed as Tony throws his hands in the air.

~~~

So uhhhhh the avengers are- this now I guess- WHAT AM I DOING????

- 🌸💫🧚‍♀️✨ ❤️