《Chapter 6》

Chapter 6: Don RS

Sumu's POV:

"Soma-kun, Sumu-kun, I'd like your help with something. Can you come out once you get changed?"

I was woken up from another nightmare by Shi-chan's voice.

"We're up late last night. We're dead tired." I reasoned as I yawned, leaning further into So-chan's warmth as I hugged him tighter.

"Please ask someone else." So-chan added as he returned my hug.

However, Shi-chan didn't agree with us.

A rustle from above startled us out of our skins as that one tile was, again, removed by Shi-chan.

"Oh, don't be like that." He said darkly as he jumped out, landing on our futon, and forcefully pulled the blanket off us.

"That's where you were?!" So-chan exclaimed as he sat up urgently, feeling the cold air against our skin as it is still 6 in the morning.

But we never heard Shi-chan's reply as he already left the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Good morning, Soma-kun, Sumu-kun!" Shi-chan greeted as soon as we stepped out of our room, our room that was already renovated as we moved the bed out, replacing it with soft futons and comforters.

"Shi-chan! That was not fair!" So- chan angrily said as he leaned his forehead on the wall, probably feeling his head ache as we pulled another all-nighter, searching informations in our old books about a herb that would help us complete our next dish.

"Now, now, this matter is really important, you know?" Shi-chan replied as he led us outside.

Let's just say that is was, indeed, important. For the road to good food is paved with good ingredients.

We now know that most of the students that live here, in the dorm, grows and takes care of their own ingredients, from vegetables to meat.

We even got the chance to ask Ibusaki-kun for some smoking wood. We also found the herb we were looking for when we surveyed the area around the dorm, and that just made our day even better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Breakfast time everyone!" We heard Tadokoro-san shout as she laid several bento layers on the small table that was directly behind the dorm. We didn't waste any time as we immediately stopped what we were doing and approached her.

Three sets of rice balls were inside the bento boxes. One was plain, another with kelp on top, and the other has meat peeking out of the rice.

"Oh? You made these, Tadokoro-san?" I asked as I picked up the plain one.

"It's the Tadokoro-chan Special, the Three Rice Balls." Shi-chan announced as he picked up another one.

"Oh! Rice balls are great after fieldwork!" So-chan exclaimed as he, also, picked up a rice ball that he chose.

"Itadakimasu~" all of us clapped our hands together before taking a bite on each of our rice balls.

"Hmm... So delicious!" Yuki said after she took her bite.
"This is salt and green onion, right? You seasoned cooked chicken tenderloin with it, and also brushed some of it onto the rice ball!" She finished explaining as I added.

"The saltiness really does a number on your appetite!" I said with amusement.
'We hadn't thought she would be this good' I thought with a smirk.

However, my expression must have slipped past through our facade as So-chan elbowed my side gently, pulling me out from my thoughts. I sent him an apologizing look before engaging myself into a conversation with Ryoko-san and Yuki.

"This must be kelp. It's a classic rice ball ingredient." Ibusaki-kun stated as he also took a bite.

"Kelp simmered in soy....and cheese?" Shi-chan asked in surprise.

"Right! The heavy sweet flavor of the kelp works suprisingly well with cheese." Tadokoro-san explained politely.

"What's the last one then?" So-chan asked to no one in particular as he bit into it.
"Delicious! This garlic flavor rocks!" So-chan cheered as he gobbled up his rice ball into nothing.

"This one's pork marinated in garlic." Tadokoro-san cheerfully pointed out.
"After seeing you use honey in class the other day, I decided to try something based on that."

"Hmm....then why can't you cook like this in class?" We twins asked her at the same time. It was pretty funny watching her once cheerful face become crestfallen all of a sudden.

"Uhmm..... I've always had stage fright issues.... When I get nervous, I black out and I just fail in everything I do." She reasoned out as she nervously played with the ends of her apron.

"Oh, that's tough." I told her indifferently as I took another bite from my rice ball.

We just finished eating after that and before going back to work.

It was almost noon when we finally finished gardening.

And another interesting topic made it's way into the conversation.

"Huh? Research societies?" We tilted our heads slightly to the side as me and Su-chan asked them that question.

"Yeah, Tootsuki has a ton of groups that do research on specific types of food. Members can develop new recipes after school or compete in cooking contests outside of the academy." Ryoko-san answered as calmly as she can. Well....she is always calm.

"I guess you could say it's our version of clubs." Shi-chan added.

"I'm in the Regional Cooking Research Society." Tadokoro-san also informed us.

"Hmm.... Is it in the school's policy that every student must join?" I asked, not really wanting to join anything, as I leaned unto So-chan's shoulder, feeling the effects of the last night take over me slowly.

"Not really, some of us don't have a Research Society that we are part of." Ibusaki-kun explained with worry.

"Then, we'll go back first." So-chan said as he lifted me up, bridal style, to our room, gently placing on the futon.

Before I blacked out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You weren't kidding." So-chan said with a laugh as we scanned through the posters of every Research Societies.

"Japanese, Western and Chinese cuisine. Haute cuisine and vegetarian cuisine.." Hmm....they really have almost everything. I thought with amazement as I looked out for interesting ones.

"Fermented foods, and preserved foods. This one's for train bentos." So-chan also listed down some interesting RS (Research Societies).

"This is quite amazing, Tadokoro-san!" We cheered like kids as we kept a close look on the board where the posters were pinned.

"Hmm? Donmono Research Society?" I said out loud, gaining So-chan's attention.

"Hmm....maybe it'll inspire menu items for our restaurant." He answered with a nod.

"Then.... I guess we'll take a look?" I asked So-chan as I stood up from my crouching position.

"Let's go, Tadokoro-san!" We said with a smile as I reached out to her left hand while So-chan reached out for her right.

"Huh?! Why me?!"

A/N

I'm back! I'll try updating tomorrow too.

P.S. should I keep Tadokoro close to them of nah? I'm still conflicted on that part. Also! Do you want a gay ship or a straight one? I'm open with anything!

Though I once planned it to be foursome with The Twins, Takumi and Ibusaki....maybe also Isshiki?

I'll make you guys choose for that. Thanks again! And be safe!