Chapter 10: To The Training Camp

Sumu's POV:

"Training camp?" So-chan asked.

We were suddenly called by Shi-chan to gather in the dining area. Upon arriving, he gave each of us a blue catalog that says "Training Camp guide."

"The time has finally come." Yuki said as she excitedly skipped over to where me and So-chan were sitting. I sat in front of So-chan while So-chan sat with the back of the chair in front of him.

"What's this?" I asked before flipping my catalog open.

"You had something like this in elementary school and junior high, didn't you?" Ryoko-san asked upon arriving.
"It's like a camp where we all go and stay for a couple nights."

"Huh... Didn't know this school did stuff like that." I said while still flipping the catalog.

"So... Why are you shaking, Tadokoro-san?" So-chan asked with amusement as Tadokoro-san was visibly shaking in front of us.

"Well.... You can't blame her, this camp represents the first circle of hell for new high school students." Marui seriously said while fixing his glasses.

"All first-years will be tasked with grueling cooking projects every day in a remote location in the mountains. If we don't earn a passing score, we face immediate expulsion." Yuki added with a shadow on her face that was caused by her bangs.
"They claim it's an opportunity for friendship and kinship, but in reality...." Yuki paused for Marui to take over.

".. it's a merciless weeder training camp!"

"This is what Tootsuki's education by competition looks like." Shi-chan added while being in his half-naked state.
"The director spoke of the one percent, but this is where the selection process really begins."

"Oh! Isshiki-senpai, didn't you also go to this camp last year?" Aoki-kun asked in an astonished state after hearing Shi-chan say something so seriously.

"Yes, of course." Shi-chan nonchalantly replied.
"Even in my time, dozens got sent home and expelled every day."

"Expelled?" Sato-san asked in surprise.

"The number of students even dipped below half of what they started off with in one camp some years ago." Ibusaki-kun informed us.

However... That information caused Tadokoro-san's soul to leave her body.

"Megumi?!" Yuki exclaimed.

"I'm grateful that we could be together until now, guys....." Was Tadokoro-san's last words before she died.

Of course, it's just a joke.

"Okay, so we can take cards and shoji but no handheld gaming devices." I read the statement in the "what you can bring section" part of the catalog outloud.

"Man, they don't give us any time for taking a bath!" So-chan grumbled before flipping another page.

"Hey! Soma! Sumu!" Yuki shouted.
"How can you be so carefree and planning your trip already? Megumi's practically on her death bed here!"

"Well, half the class will make it right?" So-chan asked without moving his head from the book.

"We just have to make sure that all of us are in that half." I finished his sentence for him before flipping another page.

Silence filled the room.

"I'm also quite certain." Shi-chan destroyed the surprised silence while silently chuckling.
"That everyone in Polar Star will come back smiling." He said with a closed eye smile.

"Alright!! Let's go!!" Yuki exclaimed.

"Let's go!!" And everyone cheered together with her.

A/N

Short one😢