Chapter 25: We Lost......?

Sumu's POV:

"Aw.. Look at them, they look delicious." An old woman cooed in a sickeningly sweet voice as she grabbed me by the chin.

"Look at me, sweetheart." She said in a slightly forceful tone when I moved my head away from her hand. I dutifully ignored the tears that are continuously sliding down my cheeks as I glared at her face full of make up that can't be hidden by the mask she wears.

She giggled.

"Continue looking at me like that, dear, and I won't be able to secure you and your brother's safety anymore." She all but purred in my ears as she moved her hips up and down once more.

"I mean.. Listen to those screams of your twin. Isn't he adorable?"

"...u-chan?"

I had to immediately suppress the jolt as I was pulled away from my sudden flashback.

'This is becoming concerning.' I thought to myself as I made a mental note to buy some more medication.

After making sure that those disgusting memories are locked away in the back of my mind, I turned to So-chan who is looking at me with concern while Tadokoro watched the older chef's praise Shinomiya-san's dish.

"Are you okay?" So-chan asked me quietly as he shifted closer to me with the dish still in his arms.

"Just a sudden flashback." I smiled at him sadly. It is never a thing to lie in the family. That's one of mom's lesson's before she went to her eternal journey.

So-chan scowled at me and said:
"This is the second time this week."

And I just replied with a smile full of doubt and worry:
"I know."

"Alright, it's your turn to serve your dish Yukihira." Chef Doujima told u as he motioned to the now empty table in front of the three judges.

Taking a deep breathe, I plastered a smile on my face and moved forward to place the dish in my hands to Chef Fuyumi.

"Please dig in." I said with a smile before I joined So-chan, who gently slapped Tadokoro with a little push in the back.

"H-here you go. Please enjoy the meal." Tadokoro successfully regained her composure after she stuttered.

Sounds of surprise left the chefs, except for Chef Fuyumi who already saw the dish, after Tadokoro and So-chan served the dish.

"A Terrine!" Chef Hinako is pleasantly surprised.
"It's the dish which made Shinomiya-senpai Megumi-chan!!"

"This dish uses seven varieties of vegetables... It's a rai... Rainbow Terrine."

"Hmm... Interesting." We heard Shinomiya-san say in a nonchalant voice with a smirk on his face. However, his eyebrows are also scrunched up in a scowl which shows he is either offended or annoyed.
"So you want to nitpick at my recette, The Nine Vegetable Terrine"?

So-chan scoffed as we listened to Tadokoro deny the accusation.

"Not everything is about you, Shinomiya-san." I said gingerly.

"Please get down from your high horse, your majesty." So-chan mocked him before reassuring Tadokoro who is on the verge of fainting.

Ignoring the chaos, Chef Donato, Chef Hitoshi, Chef Fuyumi, and Chef Doujima with a tied up Chef Hinako continued on with the judging.

"Hmm... There are seven different pate, each with a different color and just like a rainbow, you made them as stripes." Chef Hitoshi evaluated the appearance while the others slowly lifted their eating utensils.
"Well... Let's see what you got."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long story short.

Yes, I'm gonna make this short because I'm too lazy and the author would never force her characters to work. Am I right?

(A/n Bu-)

Right.

(A/n ....)

Anyways, one thing led to another and now the Chef Donato, Chef Hitoshi, and Chef Hinako are arguing about Tadokoro's 'nickname' as a chef.

Believe it or not, it is pretty normal for known chef's to have nicknames for people to easily know which one you're talking about.

And of course, me and So-chan have one but author wouldn't let you know them yet.

(A/n Stop giving spoiler-)

One more word and I'm going to force you to kill me in this story.

(A/n ...... I mean.. 🤔... I can do that)

..... That wasn't how I wanted the conversation to go but oh well.

"Alright then, it's time for the verdict." I was pulled out of internal conversation (who was I even talking to) to see myself standing beside Tadokoro who is being sandwiched by me and So-chan.

In front of us is a long table with Shinomiya-san on the other end. A plate is placed in front of us contestants, namely me, So-chan, and Tadokoro vs. Shinomiya-san.

"These coins represent votes." Chef Doujima started.
"Each judge will be given one. Choose which dish have the better taste between Shinomiya and Tadokoro-kun." Chef Doujima looked at our small group with a smile that surely didn't reach his eyes.

With a step away from the table, hr finished.
"And cast your vote."

Me and So-chan watched as Tadokoro clenched her fists together in a form of prayer. Looked at each others eyes and looked forward, watching Chef Fuyumi cast the first vote.

Chef Donato putting the second coin on a plate closely followed by Chef Hitoshi.

We didn't blink, just nonchalantly looking at the three coins that were gently put on top of Shinomiya-san's plate.

We lost.

A/n

Finally done until chapter 25!!woohoo.

This does not mean that the book ended lol. I will just move onto my other books for some time, update 5 chapters or so for each before I go back here.

Thank you for you kind understanding and I hope you don't mind the little 4th wall breaking. I already fixed it, don't cha'all worry :)

Thanks for the reads!!!