Chapter 11: Welcome!

Soma's POV:

After that discussion in the dining room. All of us got ourselves ready in these three days for the Training Camp.

And now....

"My stomach hurts." Tadokoro-san said after a minute of silence.

In front of us.... Several dozens of buses were parked in front of the school.

"I'm kind of getting jaded." Su-chan replied with a nervous chuckle as he squeezed my hand that is intertwined with his.

"A'ight! Bring up the mood everyone!" I enthusiastically said as I raised my hand like I'm fist bumping the sky.

"Off to the camp of friendship and team-building straight outta hell!" I announced in a joking manner as I looked towards Yuki, silently asking her to help me bring up the mood.

"Right! Let's go!!" Yuki shouted with an excited face as she pulled Tadokoro-san and Ryoko-san with her.

"Come on." I comfortingly said to Su-chan as I dragged him with me while squeezing his hand back.
"Everything's gonna be okay."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deafening silence

That's what welcomed us Polar Star folks right after we entered the room where we were ordered to assemble.

Me and Su-chan decided to look around.

'Hmm?' I asked internally as I squeezed Su-chan's hand in reflex.

I looked toward him and silently whispered.
"There's someone who used some products with citrus scent." I informed him as I pointed towards the guy who has brown hair that is right in front of us.

Su-chan just nodded before he looked around again and whispered his report to me.
"Looks like he's the only one" and I answered him back with a nod.

"What are you two talking about?"

In shock, I flinched before I instinctively swung my arm to elbow whoever was behind me.

However, the one behind me was faster, they catched my elbow and easily set it back down.

"Hey... It's just me." Ibu-kun said, startled by my sudden aggressive defense.

I immediately grabbed my sanity back before I could do anything bad.

"Oh! Sorry for that Ibusaki-kun. I was just surprised." I nervously chuckled as I placed my hand at the back of my head, lightly scratching it.

"Well... It's no problem. I would like you to answer my question though." Ibusaki-kun said with a confused tone.

"Ah! Well, we always like to scout the chef we know we would have the chance to fight with and it became a habit." Su-chan explained to Ibusaki-kun with a relaxed smile.

"Ooh... What did you notice then?" Ibusaki-kun asked curiously as he took a step closer to us when we made a motion to let him know that we can't say it louder than a whisper.

As he leaned closer to us, I was momentarily distracted by how close he is (I sound like a maiden in love) before I said.
"The boy with the brown hair that is right in front of us used a product that is mixed with the scent of citrus." I explained silently, not wanting anyone other than Ibusaki-kun to know of this possible weakness.

"... You guys are pretty awesome to know something that trivial." Ibusaki-kun said with an amused smile and I did nothing but playfully smirk back at him.

However... I didn't know that a light blush actually adorned my face in a split second.

A/N

Another short one.