Chapter 27: Sloth

Mountain Pass

It was us against this monstrosous goat blocking our path. Honō and I knew that if we killed it a demon sin would appear and we would have an even greater problem to deal with. This fight was going to be a challenge for us. Unlike the first two sins I knew what this goat truly was. It wasn't going to fool Honō or I into killing it. Now we just needed a way to stop it without freeing the sin. Ever since we got on this road I knew right away which sin it was. It was the sin of sloth who is represented by a goat.

Right now it was standoff neither us or the goat moved in to attack. I could feel it trying to drain my energy so I would get sleepy but with my ring of pride constantly raising my energy it wasn't going to do that. "Y/N what are we going to do?" Honō asked "for now let's just keep it like this, that thing has to attack us eventually" I answered. As I said that the goat kicked up some dirt and charged at us.

I quickly equipped my stone dagger and turned the ground to sand. The sand prevented the goat from continuing it's charge. "Honō create a flame circle around it" I told Honō. "On it" she responded as she casted a flame spell. The flame spell formed a circle around the goat like I wanted. The goat tried to get out of the sand but I made sure that the sand got deeper stopping it from escaping.

"Well we trapped it, now what?" Honō asked "I'm thinking, I honestly didn't think we'd get this far" I answered. "Well you better think faster because that goat is climbing out and you can't make that sand go any deeper without killing it" Honō said. I looked through the flames and saw that Honō was right the goat was climbing out of the sand pit. I needed to think of a plan fast unfortunately Honō's flames got put out by a gust of wind created by the goat jumping out of the hole.

Honō and I readied ourselves for the goat's attack. It glared at us then charged putting it's head down. Honō and I were able to dodge. However the goat ended up hitting the side of the mountain causing some rocks to fall down. I was quick enough to destroy them keeping Honō safe. The goat pulled it's head out of the rocky mountain side and glared at us.

"We aren't going to kill you so you can get free" Honō told the goat. The goat snorted at her and instead of charging at us again it turned back to the mountain and began to bang it's head into it repeatedly. The goat was causing rocks to fall down with each strike with it's head. Eventually the goat did it one more time and huge pile of rocks fell down on it crushing it completely.

"Did it just do what I think it just did?" Honō asked confused "yes I believe so, the goat just killed itself" I answered. "That's not good, right?" Honō asked "no not really, I don't think there was a rule that stated we had to be the ones to kill it to set the sin free" I answered. "Now what do we do?" Honō asked "we ready ourselves for anything" I answered.

Suddenly a bright light appeared coming through the cracks of the pile of rocks. I could feel a heavy energy hit me, it felt like it was weighing me down. Was this the power of the sin of sloth, I'm sure it was effecting Honō worse then me. I looked over to make sure she was alright. Poor girl could barely stand she was almost falling asleep.

Suddenly the rocks were all destroyed and we could see what the demon looked like. It was a large goat man that stood on two legs and had hands like a human. It now only had one set of horns on its head instead of four. The goat was wielding a large staff with spikes on the end

 The goat was wielding a large staff with spikes on the end