Chapter 14: Seeing The Truth

Forest

After my battle with the sea serpent out on purity lake I set out to find the small village where the lion was attacking. I was walking through the forest on my way to the village it didn't show up on any of my maps. It was out there and it would take me a couple of days to get there. The guild had notified them that I was coming so they must be waiting patiently. It didn't take long for me to sense that I was being followed.

I could hear their footsteps a few miles back they were trying to hard to hide their presence. I could smell a light perfume coming off the person. So that meant I was being followed by a female. It went on like this for a few hours I would turn around and see no one then as soon as I started walking again the person continued to follow me. This was becoming annoying so I decided to do something.

"You know you are terrible at hiding yourself if you are going to kill me you should of done it awhile ago" I said. There was no response "alright I gave you the opportunity to come out" I said. I equipped my treant dagger and made the tree that the person was on come to life. I had it grab her and bring the girl over to me. The girl tried to get out then with her sword she cut the tree down and revealed herself. She had long brown hair and green eyes. She was wearing a dress with armored gauntlets. In the girl's hand was a long rapier with a hook on the end

 In the girl's hand was a long rapier with a hook on the end

"How dare you try to confine me" the girl said to me. I sighed "you were the one following me" I replied. The girl huffed "that's besides the point" she said "I gave you the chance to show yourself" I said. "Whatever demon you are wanted for judgement" the girl said. "What do you mean judgement?" I asked. "You attacked the princess and have threatened his majesty of the royal Melromarc family" the girl answered.

I looked at the girl and began to laugh she got a confused look on her face. "What is so funny?" the girl asked I stopped laughing and regained my composure. "It just that you think I'm going to receive judgement for doing those things to those pieces of scum" I answered. That angered the girl "how dare you say that about the royal family" she said. She drew her sword and aimed it at me that changed the situation.

"Listen her girly if you draw that weapon you better make sure your going to use it" I told her. "I plan on bringing you back to the king in a bag after what you've just said. I let out a sigh then made two trees come to life and restrain the girl. "Unhand me creiten" the girl said "no I don't think I will, normally I'm a cool headed guy but when you threaten me things change" I said. The girl struggled to break free I made sure she wasn't going to use her sword again.

I put my dagger to her neck and was about to end it. "Don't kill me I don't want to die" the girl said. That stopped me I moved my dagger away from her neck. I was about to kill a person but I didn't I stopped myself. I began to think about my sister would she look at me the same way if I killed this girl. I walked away from the girl and made the trees let go of her. The girl grabbed her sword "why did you let me go?" she asked.

I sighed "I am not a monster, I'm not a demon or this evil person that the king makes me out to be" I answered. The girl was confused "I don't get it the king is never wrong" the girl said. "But he is though the cheated Naofumi many times, he's cheated me making things difficult for us" I answered. "I thought it was because the shield raped the princess and you defended him?" the girl asked.

"Who told you that the king?, well that's were you'd be wrong Naofumi didn't rape the princess they had no proof, I wanted to see the proof and collect the facts to either prove that Naofumi was guilty or innocent" I answered. The girl began to get confused "I...I...I don't know what to do or what to believe" the girl said. "What is your name?" I asked "my name?" the girl asked "yes your name" I answered.

"Melody my name is Melody and I am a knight in the service of the Melromarc kingdom" the now named Melody answered. "Okay Melody go to the town of Sotra and ask the people what happened there" I told the girl. "Why would I do that?" Melody asked "because they've seen the truth about what happens when the king wants you gone" I answered. Melody nodded "thank you for sparing me" she said.

"Don't worry about that you didn't know I hope you learn something from this" I said. The girl sheathed her sword and bowed in front of me. "I will tell everyone about who you truly are" Melody said. "I will say this once you speak against the king and tell the truth things won't be easy for you" I warned her. "I understand" was all Melody said. With that she left I didn't no if I'd meet her again. My hopes was that she wouldn't let the king get to her and that she would never be blind again.

Time Skip

Town of Leascanor

After my run in with Melody and finally made it to the town of Leascanor. It was a peaceful town with people and animals walking around. However I could tell something was off about them. It didn't feel exactly right it was like a fear was every with the villagers. I asked around until they took me to the town hall. I met the mayor of the town he was a small old man with a long beared and bushy grey eyebrows.

"You must be the dagger hero" the mayor said "yes that is me I am here to help with your lion problem" I replied. "I am glad that you have finally made it we've tried to get the king to send someone to help us but he never did so we tried the guilds instead" the mayor said. "May I ask why he didn't send anyone to help you?" I asked. "Well you see sir hero our town produces some of the most finest wool, leather and silk in the kingdom" the mayor answered. "We created the finest clothing for the royal family for centuries" the mayor explained.

"Did something happen?" I asked "sadly yes, the king asked us to make a dress for his daughter princess Malty, we made her the perfect gown but when she tried it on she found something she didn't like on it" the mayor answered. "What happened then?" I asked "she decided to make some “adjustments” to the dress and ended up tearing, from there she said that it was our dressmaker's fault and the king stopped buying clothing from us and made it known that we were failures" the mayor answered.

It was disgusting just like with Sotra the people worked their hardest to please the king and he and his daughter ruined it then made them suffer. "Okay now can you please tell me about the lion" I told the mayor. "The lion appeared out of nowhere and began to kill our livestock those animals are our main source of income the help us with the material for our clothing and they feed us without them we have nothing" the mayor explain.

"Alright I understand, now what can you tell me about the lion" I said. "The lion is bigger than most lions and has gold eyes, we sent some of our own to kill the lion when help didn't come only one of them came back, he said their arrows didn't pierce it's side and their blades shattered against it's side" the mayor explained. I now had an understanding of this lion. It intrigued me a bit this lion sounded a lot like the nemean lion.

But it still was going to die for causing these people more problems they had to deal with. "Okay now all I need you to do is point me towards the last location of the lion" I said. "The lion was last seen on the outskirts of town around the abandoned barn" the mayor said. With that I left the town hall and went out to go kill this lion.

A/N: There you have it readers Y/N is about to kill this lion. I hope you liked that Y/N managed to change the mind of one of the king's people. The more the better am I right. Sorry that the fight didn't last long but I'm not exactly feeling it right now I'm really tired but don't worry there will be more fighting in the next chapter. Now I am always answering any questions you readers may have about the story or anything else in general. If there is a question that you want answered either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. I will do my best to answer your question to the best of my ability. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later