Chapter 15: The Lion

Forest

Once making it to the the village of Leascanor Y/N was informed of why the village hadn't received any help and what exactly was going on. The mayor had explained to Y/N what the lion looked like and some very interesting facts about the creature. The lion was bigger than most and it had golden eyes also the lion apparently had an impenetrable hide and claws strong enough to cut through steel. It wasn't a lot of information but it was enough for Y/N to get an idea of what he was about to fight.

The mayor gave Y/N the last known location of the lion. The mayor described an old barn that lion had made its den. Y/N knew that it wasn't going to be an easy fight anything could happen.
_____________________________________

To say that I wasn't worried would be a lie this lion didn't sound like a normal lion. If my dagger couldn't penetrate the hide of the lion what would I be able to do. I'm not Hercules I don't have godlike strength to choke the lion out. My guess was that I was going to have to wing it. Not my best my plan but I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I had taken the path the mayor told me would lead me to the barn where the lion was at.

I looked around at all of the trees and saw large claw marks in them. They were the lion's claws was it marking it's territory. The trees weren't the only thing with marks in them rocks had also been scratched. I used my treant dagger to try something. I was going to see how many damaged trees there were and what area where they in. Quickly I noticed that the clawed trees formed a large circle. In the center of that circle was the old barn. This lion had marked it's territory and formed a hunting ground.

I just learned something smart about this lion. It was a smart lion and it probably knew that I was here already. Which was not good for me at all. The sun had begun to set and it was going to get dark very fast. I gathered up some wood for a fire and found a spot by a tree were I would have perfect sight in case that lion decided to try and kill me at night.

Small Time Skip

It was late now I managed to make a fire and keep it going for some time. I wasn't going to be able to sleep at all tonight not with the possibility of a lion eating me. I kept my dagger in my hand as I watched the flames and kept my ears open for any strange sounds. To my suprise I heard nothing there wasn't any wind, no crickets or any nocturnal animals. Dead silence was all I heard throughout the forest.

I was on edge through the whole night it got even worse when I heard noises. I could hear a low growl in the distance. Whatever it was it began to circle around the area of my campsite. That's when they appeared in the dark two golden circles. I knew right away that it was the lion it focused it's eyes on me. It looked as though it was sizing me up trying to see if I was strong or weak and afraid. If I showed any signs of weakness the lion may come out the bushes and try to kill me.

I was beginning to get worried which wasn't good so I stabbed myself in the leg. I took the dagger out of my leg and pointed it at the golden eyes. "Either kill me now or you will die another day" I said through my teeth. The eyes dissapeared meaning that the lion must of left. As it left I heard a sound that was like laughter was the lion laughing at me. That couldn't of been it lions can't laugh.

When I couldn't feel the lion's presence around me I decided that it was safe to go to sleep. I close my eyes but made sure that I would be able to react if the lion came back. I was not going to take any chances at this point.

Time Skip

Old Barn