Chapter 11: Cutting Down The Spear

I had thought everything was over Naofumi and Raphtalia had left while Motoyasu's ego had been cut down. I was just going to leave no one was stopping me until the king demanded that I pay for hurting his daughter. Wow a broken wrist I've seen way worse then that in this world. Intimidation wasn't going to work this man wanted to show the nobles that a hero wouldn't be able to escape punishment.

So with no real choice and a score to settle I accepted the king's punishment. The king said that I would have to fight Motoyasu without using any monsters. I excepted wanting to get this over and stood on my side of the battlefield. Motoyasu went over to his I had been waiting to kick his ass for a long time now.

"I still don't think you get it Y/N you and Naofumi are in the wrong here" Motoyasu said to me. "No I don't think you get your too stupid to get it, ever since Naofumi was summoned to this world everything was stacked against him" I replied. "Since you defended his actions you got dragged down with him" Motoyasu said. "I didn't get dragged down with him I was pushed in the hole along with him, I questioned authority and wanted evidence" I said.

"Your way of thinking doesn't work in this world, you aren't a hero you just call yourself one" I told him. Motoyasu was quiet from that he didn't have a comeback for me. His morals and views were still broken from the tongue lashing Raphtalia gave him. "Enough of this pointless bickering and fight already the dagger hero shall receive his punishment" the king said.

I let out a sigh and readied my dagger Motoyasu got his spear ready as well. Motoyasu charged at me but I used my treant dagger to block his path with a tree. He quickly cut it down with one swing of his spear "come on Y/N a tree isn't going to stop me" Motoyasu said. "I know it wasn't meant to" I replied. I then created multiple trees around Motoyasu "you only raised your level not your skills and abilities" I told him.

"So what level is the only thing that matters in this world" Motoyasu replied. I vanished inside of one of my trees while Motoyasu was looking for me he'd cut down one tree only for another to take it's place. "Stop hiding and face me" Motoyasu said angrily "I'm not" I whispered appearing from a tree behind him. When Motoyasu quickly turned around I grabbed his head and bashed it into the tree.

That angered Motoyasu "I hate hide and seek" Motoyasu said equipping his thunder spear. Motoyasu quick destroyed all of my trees. "Your no fun" I said appearing from the ground. "You better fight me and take this seriously" Motoyasu said. "Oh you want me to take this seriously?" I asked "yes this isn't a joke" Motoyasu answered. I glared at Motoyasu "fine then I'll be serious" I said equipping my frost dagger.

Motoyasu went to attack me but I froze his legs immediately. "Don't try and break it the ice will only spread faster" I said. Motoyasu continued to struggle in the ice making it spread even faster. "What is this ice made of?" Motoyasu asked frustrated "it's made of pure magic enhanced by my abilities" I answered. Motoyasu tried to use his spear to break the ice but it only froze over his weapon.

Finally it stopped at his neck I walked over to him slowly. "Give up before I kill you on accident" I told him "I won't give up I'm a hero" Motoyasu responded. I sighed "you are not a hero you only pretend to be one" I said. "You won't kill me if you think your a hero" Motoyasu said. "That is why I said on accident" I said. Before I could finish off Motoyasu and end this meaningless duel Malty threw something at me.

"You leave sir Motoyasu alone if you kill him my father will have you executed" she said. I turned to her and began walking slowly over to her. "You leave her al..." Motoyasu tried to say "quiet you" I said freezing his whole head. Malty began to panic a bit I could tell that she was afraid. "I like that be afraid be very afraid" I said. "You won't kill me" she said I laughed sarcastically "you really think so? after everything you and your father have done to my friend yeah I don't think so princess" I said to her holding my dagger up to her neck.