Chapter 2: Begining Of The Adventure

Kingdom Of Melromarc

It was a new day in the kingdom of Melromarc. It was the day Y/N and the other four heroes began their journey to grow stronger and stop the waves of calamity. We find Y/N and the others in the king's throne room. Next to the king are a large group of adventurers. They are waiting to join up with one of three heroes.

The king gives the adventurers the signal to go and choose a hero to join. It doesn't take long for the adventurers to pick a hero. However Naofumi has no one with him. He is the only hero without a party.
______________________________________

Right away I could tell that there was a problem here. I thought that things were going to go smoothly. Motoyasu got his party memebers, Ren and Itsuki got there's. Hell I also got my party members right away. A guy with a mace, a girl with a bow, a guy with a sword and shield and a female mage had joined me.

Poor Naofumi he hadn't had anyone who joined him. He was looking around at us confused. The king had a troubled look on his face. He had guessed that the rumors of Naofumi being incompetent and weakness had spread. Yeah no one wants to join a party and do all of the work themselves. Naofumi called out how unfair that was he couldn't attack and level up he needed the help of someone who could.

He began to ask the others if they could let him have some of their party members. Naofumi asked me I didn't mind I asked my party if one of them would like to join Naofumi. They all declined saying that they didn't want to do all of the hard work for him. That really bummed me out I couldn't force them to join him.

Things looked bad for Naofumi that was until a member of Motoyasu's party offered to join Naofumi. Her name was apparently Myne she got really touchy feely with Naofumi. The king had an odd look on his face when Myne joined Naofumi. That's when I got the weird feeling again like something was not right.

Now that all of us had a party the king then paid all of us. Motoyasu, Ren, Itsuki and I got 600 silver coins. Naofumi got 800 for him not having a full party. The king then said we'd get an addition 500 silver each month. That didn't sound so bad I'd need all the money I could get.

With the parties formed and the money given all of us heroes left the castle. There were people cheering for us as we went through the gates. I said goodbye to the three guys then I said "like I said if you need me I'm always here" to Naofumi. It still bugged me how clingy Myne was with Naofumi.

The guy with the sword gave me some options either we go out and beging hunting monsters or I can go and buy some good gear before we go and hunt monsters. I looked at what I had on "yeah this isn't going to work for me" I said. So we decided to go get me armor of some sort to wear.

Time Skip

The mage had shown me this parlor that sold enchanted clothes for cheap. The guy with the mace suggested that I go light since my main weapon was a dagger. I took both of their advice and ended up getting this awesome leather jacket that was enchanted to raise my defense

 I took both of their advice and ended up getting this awesome leather jacket that was enchanted to raise my defense