Chapter 23: Crystal Guardian

Cave Entrance

It had been a day since Honō and I left the castle town in Melromarc we had ran into Naofumi and his party. While also meeting another Melromarc princess. Her name was Melty and after hearing why none of us would help her or hear her out she was very upset. When Honō explained to her what her father did her to village Melty was in shock. When I explained what they did to Leascanor she was speechless. Before we got into it any further Honō and left right as some knights took Melty back to her father.

Right now today Honō and I were at the entrance of a cave where Honō and I could get somewhat stronger. Apparently by order of the king we could not get a class upgrade at the dragon hourglass in Melromarc. We could go somewhere else and get them but it would take to long and the second wave was going to be here tomorrow. I though I had those nuns but I didn't

Flashback

Melromarc Kingdom

"Hey Honō what is that star next to your name?" I asked "that's right since your a hero that means you have a special sight" Honō said. "Well if I am correct seeing that star means that I am ready for what is called a class upgrade" Honō explained. "Where do we go and get you this class upgrade?" I asked "well if my knowledge is correct we go to the dragon hourglass" Honō answered.

We arrived at the church and were standing in front of the dragon hourglass. One of nuns stopped us from going forward "why do you two need to be here?" she asked rudely. "Well my partner and I are ready for a class upgrade" I answered. "Well unless you have 15 gold coins for each of you I am afraid that won't be happening" the nun said. I could see the smirk on her face thinking she had gotten us. Honō wanted to hurt the nun but I stopped her "she's not worth it, besides we've got these" I said holding out a sack with 30 gold coins.

"Checkmate" I said dropping the sack in the nuns hands. She opened it and counted all 30 coins to my suprise she handed it back to me. "Regarldess the king has declared that no help be given to both the shield and dagger hero along with their party memebers" the nun said. That pissed me off I aimed my dagger at her "you might want to think about that because in my experience karma is a bitch and no god or hero can save you from it" I told the nun. When walked away the nun let out a sigh of relief.

Flashback Over

Cave Entrance

Our reasoning for being here at this cave was that on our way out of a church a man told us there was a special crystal that granted a class upgrade to only those who possessed one of the five heroic weapons and those in their party. That was useful advice we thanked the man and went to the cave on the map he had given us. When I asked why he explained that he use to live in the town Leascanor and was responsible for the dress that caused their town so much trouble. By helping us upgrade our classes he was doing us a favor for saving his town from his mistake.

"Listen Honō be careful in here we don't know what to expect" I said warning Honō. "Don't worry Y/N I'll follow your lead" Honō replied standing behind. Inside of the cave I didn't have to worry about not seeing anything. The crystals on the walls, ceilings and ground were glowing brightly. Honō and I where in awe at everything we were seeing inside of the cave. We had no idea that a place like this existed.

From what the man told us this cave had never been seen by most travelers due to it having an unruly occupant. That made Honō and I keep our eyes and ears open for something that might want to attack us. So far we hadn't run into any such creature just more glowing crystals. I noticed that the deeper we went into the cave the color the crystals glowed was different. I also noticed that we were going down deeper into the cave with every twist and turn.