C H A P T E R F O U R

Start from the beginning

"Oh okay. Will this elective be taking up much of your time? If so, I can always have another starter."

I quickly shook my head. "No, not needed. I'll be on time." He clapped my back and walked off, leaving Dante to come up to me. "I thought you said you covered for me?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I told him you have the runs." I smacked my lip and looked out at the field as he laughed. "Hey, it's not my fault you stay in that damn studio trying to mack up Rihanna."

"I don't try to mack her up. I just really enjoy this shit man.. dancing it's just.. it gives me a rush." He sighed and I saw him look away. "What?"

"I don't want to sound like that guy but you have to remember that this is all temporary." He placed his hand on my shoulder as I huffed. "After these three shows, it's back to reality. School.. football. What we're really supposed to be focused on."

I nodded and sat down on the bench. "I know man. I'm just enjoying it, alright?"

He nodded. "Yeah I feel you. But let's focus on getting this dub Friday, okay? You coming out to the group dinner?" I nodded. "Come on, we can carpool."

"Uh.. I'll meet you there. I have to go drop off an assignment for my professor." I mean.. it wasn't a complete lie. I did have to drop off an essay, but it wasn't all that I was doing..

After making a detour to my professors office, I slid my essays folder into the homework tray and was turning to leave when I heard her call me. I peeped through her office door before pushing it open with a smile. "Hey Doctor Williams." She motioned me to come in.

"I want to talk to you about something, Y/n." I sat down on the chair across from her and she raised up a stack of papers, putting each down. "These are your past tests from the start of August to now. Nothing below a ninety five percent."

I smiled. "Cool-"

"This is from the last three weeks." I looked at the papers, my eyes widening when I saw the large red C marks. "This isn't like you, Y/n. I've had you for three years now and you've never gotten below a B... something going on?"

I shook my head and picked up my research paper. I could've sworn I killed this shit. "I've had a lot on my mind recently but I'll get better. Swear."

She gave me a smile. "You're a hard worker, harder than a lot of the students here. Because I know you're trying hard for Cum Laude, I will allow you to retake this test and I'll bump this essay up to a B since it's only a few percents away." I breathed out a relief as she put my papers back away. "How's next Friday? That's my conference days."

Next Friday was the last rehearsal.. then the game.. and then we flew out that night to Philadelphia for the Made in America festival. "Miss Y/ln?" I raised my head and nodded with a wide smile. "Will Friday be okay?"

"I actually um.." The look she gave me was definitely a 'you're most definitely not getting another date' so, I'd have to find a way. "It's perfect, thank you again, Doctor Williams."

"Of course. Have a great day, Y/n."

With that done, I drove thirty minutes out from campus to the familiar rehearsal studio. "Yo yo." Rih said with a smile once I walked in. "You late, ATL."

"I know, my bad. I had to speak with my professor." She nodded in understanding as I dropped my bag before moving with the other dancers who all greeted me. I stretched out with them, even though my body was already warmed up from football.

"Okay, we're gonna start from Numb." James said and I stood next to him, Rih between us as the music started to play. I followed his lead. She was a few feet in front of us as she sung into her mic but I couldn't focus too much on her.