19: Reconciliation

Hiko had packed up all his belongings in his suitcase. Wiping his forehead with his sleeve he closed the suitcase and lifted it off the bed. He would set off for Air Temple island in the afternoon. For now, he had to deal with Jianjun.

He walked to the building, to quit his job and to speak with Jianjun. He figured he'd be gone for awhile so quitting would be the most convenient thing to do. After quitting he made his way down to the factory where he saw Jianjun heading to the canteen. It was break time. Hiko ran up to Jianjun and tugged on his sleeve. He turned around and his eyes widened at the sight of Hiko.

"Hiko! What are you doing here? You don't have work today." Jianjun raised his arms in exclamation.

"I quit, I came here to talk to you." Hiko stared at his brother.

"Ok, let's get inside." He lead Hiko to the canteen and sat down on a table.

"Look, I know I haven't been the best brother to you but I promise..."

"It's ok." Hiko cut him off. "Do you still have your mother?"

Jianjun's face immediately became dark, his usual casual look had turned sad and lonely.

"She died, just last week." Jianjun deadpanned.

"There's no use in fighting because we're all we've got." Hiko pursed his lips.

"That's great. I never thought I'd see you. I thought you were killed along with dad."

"Well I didn't even know you existed, so fair game." The two laughed and exchanged a look of approval.

"I have to go somewhere, I'm training the Avatar in Lightningbending and I have to follow her."

"Woah! Really? That's amazing! It's unfortunate though, we couldn't spend more time."

"It's fine, when I come back we'll spend time." Hiko smiled at his brother.

"Alright. I'll see you Hiko." Hiko stood up and walked over to Jianjun and hugged him. He still had family. The thought gave Hiko such a warm feeling.

"See you, brother."