5: The Visit to Air Temple Island

"He was all beaten up! I didn't know what to do, so I just healed him." Korra explained to the others while munching on her bereakfast that Pemma had made.

"That's cool but didn't he injure like a bunch of people? Maybe you shouldn't have healed him Korra." Mako replied with a smug look on his face.

"What do you want me to do?! Leave a 13 year old kid all battered up?"

"It's fine if that 'kid' did a bunch of crimes that made him deserve that beating!" Mako threw his arms in the air.

"Hey! He's just a kid! He didn't deserve that and He wasn't that bad when I talked to him. Lay off of him." Korra continued eating but Mako was still eyeing her suspiciously.

"You did something didn't you?" Mako asked Korra.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Korra cleared her throat while avoiding eye contact with Mako.

"Korra what did you do?"

Korra put down her utensils and looked at Mako. "I invited him over for lunch." The rest of the table had snapped their heads to Korra. Korra was met with a mix of reactions from the others. Mako was disgusted, Bolin was shocked, Asami was indifferent.

"What?! Korra why would you do that? What if he injures you?" Mako reasoned with her but to no avail. Korra was deadset on having a nice lunch with the kid named Hiko. Korra wanted something from him which was the reason why she invited him. It was almost noon and Korra was waiting at the dock for the next boat to come. She was joined by Mako, Bolin, and Asami, although Mako was very against this, he made sure he was one of the first people this "Hiko" kid met. He wanted to make an impression on him.

The boat finally came into view carrying only one person. Hiko was looking up at the towering Air Temple with a look of amazement on his face. This had been his first time even seeing the beautiful yet firm looking temple. The boat stopped at the dock and Hiko looked down to see four people in front of him. He only recognized Korra who had invited him over yesterday, apparently wanting something from him. The "thing" Korra wanted however, was a mystery for him. He walked up to the Avatar and put on a small toothless smile.

"Hey Hiko! Glad you could make it!" Korra exclaimed. Mako looked at him with daggers in his eyes. Hiko noticed but paid no attention to it. Before Hiko could open his mouth to respond, Mako chimed in.

"Hiko? Huh? Let me tell you this right now 'Hiko'..." Mako got closer to the kid and knelt down to his level. Hiko was surprised at the rather sudden cold gesture but did not show it. "... if you try anything, I'll make sure you spend a lot of time in jail." Mako stood up and walked back to the temple paying no mind to Korra's mad expression.

"I'm sorry about that um... Hiko. I'm Bolin! Nice to meet you!" Bolin held out his hand to which Hiko shook it with a small smile on his face.

"And I'm Asami. It's also nice to meet you." Asami and Hiko shook hands and let go.

"So... Me and Asami should go back inside you know, check on Mako. You two have fun alright!" Bolin cried while walking back to the temple with Asami.

"Woah. That was... a rollercoaster of emotions." Hiko said while watching Bolin and Asami.

"Yeah, well those were my friends and welcome to Air Temple Island." Korra gestured toward the temple.

"It's beautiful here, nothing like Republic City."

"Lunch is in 10 minutes we should go inside."

They walked to the temple while Hiko took in the beautiful plants surrounding them.