8: There She Is

It was a cloudy day, 'perfect for Lightning bending practice' as Hiko said. Korra was still trying to produce Lightning to no avail. It was only the second day of training but she was getting impatient about it.

Mako, Bolin, and Asami were watching them from afar watching intently.

"Focus Korra, that's what it's all about." Hiko exclaimed as Korra circled her arms in the same motion for the hundreth time.

"I am! I just can't do it!" Korra shouted as she flopped her arms back to her sides and sat down.

"Come on Korra! You're the Avatar, of course you can! Now stand up before I make you." Hiko said lazily as he turned his back. "Remember what I said yesterday, Lightningbending is mostly about energy. Focus on that and nothing else." Hiko turned again facing Korra.

Korra stood up annoyed. Alright focus. Seperate Negative and Positive. Korra started circling her arms mimicking exactly what Hiko did yesterday. The energy wants balance. Her fingers were now producing blue streaks of Lightning. Hiko smiled. At the moment the positive and negative come back together. I provide guidance and release making... Korra outstretched her arm and with a loud roar blue Lightning came from her fingertips. Hiko smiled widely and laughed triumphantly before hugging Korra.

"You did it! And not bad for your first time!" Hiko was still smiling wider than Korra had ever seen him smile before.

"Yes! That was amazing! I felt amazing!" Korra raised her arms.

Team Avatar came up to them and started congratulating Korra.

"That was so cool Korra!" Bolin exclaimed excitedly.

"Hey. I couldn't have done it without my teacher!" She wrapped her arms around Hiko's shoulder who was now staring emptily.

"Hiko?" Korra nudged Hiko at which he shot his head to her and nodded.

"Uh yeah... couldn't have done it without..." Hiko trailed off. Mako had his arms crossed and was still staring at Hiko but he no longer bore an angry expression at the kid.

"Hey! You guys should do it together that would be so awesome!" Bolin shouted at the two of them.

Korra smiled and lead Hiko back to the center of the training grounds.

"Alright Hiko, let's do it."

Hiko and Korra did the same motion slowly. Hiko had his eyes closed but before he outstretched his arm he opened them. He caught sight of the same girl he was staring at earlier. Korra outstretched her arm making Lightning but beside her there was a loud boom.

Hiko was blasted off by the explosion. Team Avatar and Korra ran to his side to see if he was okay.

"Hiko! What happened!" Korra shouted before kneeling down to his side.

"Yeah.. I forgot to tell you if you don't focus enough it might cause an explosion." Hiko layed his head back down on the floor and let out a sigh.

"Are you okay?" Asami asked concerned.

"Yeah I'll be fine. Not the first time this happened." Hiko laughed as he stood up and straightened his clothes. He turned to face the others and at the moment his eyes widened. There she is. Jinora was behind Bolin looking at Hiko with a concerned look.

"Hiko? Hiko!?" Korra nudged Hiko again to get his attention.

"What!" Hiko shouted.

"You kind of spaced out there." Korra shrugged backing away from the kid.

"Nah I'm fine. Let's take a break." Hiko said as he turned his back and walked to the bench where he sat down to take in the scenery.