Epilogue.

-Three Years Later-

Taehyung

As the waves crashed against the parched sand, the yapping of a small dog could be heard from down the shore. The dog spun in a circle, chasing a small bug on its tail. Taehyung chuckled.

He strolled slowly along the shoreline, gazing at the sea as he passed. Jeongguk wouldn't be home for a few hours, and Taehyung didn't have any classes today, so he filled his free time by taking their Pomeranian puppy, Yeontan, to the beach.

For the last few years since the confrontation with Seokjin, Taehyung had been in and out of the court room, testifying for the prosecution. It took months, but Seokjin was found guilty for his crimes. Despite his mental illnesses, he had understood the nature of his actions, so he was sent to a prison where he would receive psychiatric help.

Now, Taehyung and Jeongguk lived in an apartment in Gangneung, the same place that they had fallen in love with years ago when they first started dating. After graduating, Jeongguk opened a new branch of his shop there, and many tourists along with tattoo enthusiasts were ecstatic to get tattooed by him.

Taehyung was still in university, in his second year at medical school to become a doctor in hopes of helping as many people as possible. He would never forget those who helped him all those years ago.

As Taehyung stood on the beach, watching Yeontan play in the sand, a gentle breeze rustled his tousled hair. He had learned how to live life to its fullest, and he took everyday at face value, always reminding himself that tough times would not last forever.

"Come on, Yeontan!" he called. "Let's go."

Taehyung turned on his heel, retracing the steps that would lead him back home.

The End.