Chapter Thirty-Eight.

Taehyung

"Taehyung, are you sure about this?" Jeongguk asked, watching from the doorframe of their bedroom one afternoon as his boyfriend packed a small suitcase.

"Yes, I am," Taehyung responded with a small smile. "She's my mother, after all. I at least want to reconcile with her before we move."

It had been a few months since Taehyung had been released from the hospital for the last time, and he was doing much better than ever before. He was going to therapy every week, and the progress he had made was remarkable. Now, he realized that he had some unfinished business with his mother that he was finally able to deal with.

"Alright. How long will you be gone?"

"Two days," Taehyung said, zipping the suitcase closed. "I'll be back before you know it."

Jeongguk nodded, stepping into the room and wrapping his arms around Taehyung's waist and resting his head on his shoulder. "I'll miss you anyway."

"I'll miss you, too," Taehyung responded, taking a moment to simply appreciate the special moments he was able to share with his boyfriend. They had been through so much together, yet they persevered and moved on, always working towards better times.

The pair stood there for a bit, simply relishing in each other's company, before Taehyung glanced at the clock and noted that his train was to leave in an hour. "I need to go, Ggukie," Taehyung said softly.

Jeongguk nodded, releasing Taehyung from his grasp and stepping back. "I'll drive you to the train station."

Taehyung grabbed his suitcase and rolled it behind him as he and Jeongguk exited the apartment that they had come to share with Yoongi and Hoseok during the last few months. It was small, but they had created a small family, and even though Taehyung knew he would be back soon, he still didn't like the thought of leaving. He felt so comfortable and content at home.

The drive to the train station was roughly thirty minutes due to traffic, so Taehyung and Jeongguk chatted the entire time. Taehyung ran through his travel itinerary so that Jeongguk knew what he'd be up to in Daegu, and Jeongguk told Taehyung of the clients he would be seeing during the next couple days. Everyone getting a tattoo always had an interesting story to tell, and Taehyung reminisced on the fact that he was once one of those clients to Jeongguk. They had come far in the time that they had known each other.

After arriving at the train station, Jeongguk and Taehyung both exited the car, embracing for a long time before Taehyung pulled away, grabbed his suitcase, and smiled at his boyfriend.

"I love you," Taehyung spoke. "I'll be home soon."

"I love you, too," Jeongguk responded warmly. "I hope everything goes well."

"Me too," Taehyung smiled. He then turned on his heel, suitcase and ticket in hand, and headed inside towards his train. He was nervous to see his mother, but he was sure of himself. They had ended things in the hospital on a bittersweet note, so this time, Taehyung wished to leave on good terms. His therapist and constant love from his newfound friends instilled everything he needed deep in him, and all he could do now was hope that his mother felt the same way.

When Taehyung stepped off the train in Daegu two hours later, he felt a bit anxious. He hadn't been home in over a year, and a lot had changed in his life since then. He was also worried that his mother had lied to him and planned bring his father with her, but he doubted that his father would ever want to see him again. The feeling was very much mutual.

Taehyung strolled through the train station, his suitcase rolling and clicking over the grout between each tile, until he found his way out to the transportation platform. From there, he would get on a bus and go to his hotel, then meet his mother for dinner. It would be a short trip, but he was excited nonetheless.