Chapter Sixteen.

Taehyung

"Alright, Tae; it's time for you to get up!" a voice called from outside Taehyung's apartment.

Taehyung was laying in bed, mindlessly scrolling on Instagram as he had done every day since he was released from the hospital. Every now and then, Jimin would turn up with food and a movie, but he would just barge in uninvited.

It must be Jeongguk outside.

"Okay, just a second," Taehyung called back. Of course Jeongguk shows up when I'm not wearing anything but boxers, he thought to himself.

He imagined Jeongguk waiting outside, takeout in hand, tapping his toe mindlessly and looking around at the run-down apartment building.

Taehyung, after groping around on the ground for his crutches, put them in place and shifted his weight onto them. He hurried over towards his dresser. He hadn't done laundry in a long time, so finding a shirt that didn't smell was a difficult task.

"Are you alive in there?" the voice came again.

"Yes," Taehyung responded. "I have to... do something." He put on a white shirt that simply had the word 'SCENERY' scrawled across the chest. He wasn't even sure when he got it; usually, he stuck to sweaters.

After eventually putting some semblance of an outfit together, Taehyung crutched over to the door and opened it.

Jeongguk was standing outside, wearing a loose black tank top and black jeans with holes in the knees. He looks hot.

"You don't look so good," Jeongguk mused lighthearted. Taehyung smiled back, too tired to refute this claim.

"How are you doing?" Jeongguk continued, quickly scanning Taehyung up and down. The black cast that stretched to just below his knee was falling apart slightly, and his outfit looked like he had gotten dressed in the dark.

"I'm okay," Taehyung replied, honestly enough that Jeongguk believed him.

"That's... quite the outfit," Jeongguk continued. "Have you been able to do your laundry?"

Taehyung's smile flickered. "No. I can't get downstairs to wash anything."

Jeongguk smiled at Taehyung. "I know what we're doing today!"

Taehyung turned around and crutched into his dank apartment, hoping Jeongguk wasn't too offended by the cold and slightly smelly room. He hadn't been able to clean it himself.

"Do you have a laundry basket or something?"

"A what?"

"Kim Taehyung, don't tell me that you just throw your laundry on the ground and let it sit there."

Taehyung glanced away, pretending to check his crutches.

"Well, that makes this a little harder. Honestly, Tae, what would you be wearing if I hadn't come by?"

Taehyung grinned ever so slightly. "My boxers."

Jeongguk's face went red, but he smiled. "That's hot."

Taehyung also went red, and Jeongguk simply gazed at him for a moment. Taehyung did have a slim body, but he was unconventionally sexy despite it all. His voice definitely helped.

"Anyway," Taehyung cleared his throat, not really sure how to deal with Jeongguk's constant gaze. "Do you wanna help me with my laundry?"

Jeongguk laughed despite himself and nodded. "Yeah. We can put the clothes in a bag."