Chapter 40

Song of the Chapter:- Dance Monkey By Tones And i

I feel like Regan's current situation matches this song Lol.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter 40

I walked inside and found Clayton laying on his chair fast asleep. It looked kind of funny that "Mr hunk" slacking in his work. I crossed over toward him placing my bag beside my chair.

"Mr. Black" I mumbled pocking him on his face. I giggled when he made an annoying face. I thought he looked cute but I quickly shoved that thought aside. Standing straight I huff "Talk about being professional" I mumbled "The boss is sleep" I snorted. I decided It would be better if I find Scarlet and ask her help in finding me some space to start my work.

The moment I turn to pick my bag up I felt Clayton move. His Gray eyes found me and he looked down to see time on his watch.

"Oh Miss Oxford" He moved shaking his head he rubbed his face looking extremely exhausted. "I think it's better if you start from tomorrow instead of today. You can have an early day off and go home now." He said. From this close, I can see bags under his eyes and he looked kind of pale.

"Are you ok Mr black?" I asked. He looked like he went through hell and back in less than two hours. He looked up trying to look all strong but then I saw his slip. His Gray eyes lost its hard look and he placed his head on the table groaning in pain.

"Ahh yeh I'll be fine, you can leave for the day. Tomorrow you will be assigned your cabin and then you can start" He completed still not looking up. I was not satisfied with that answer, but who am I to complain about an early off. I mumbled a small 'ok' and walked toward the door. Before I can pull it open, I heard him groan in pain again. For a moment I thought he is pretending but then the voice muffled seemingly holding it back by biting his cheek.

(Oh no, ray just leave its too much drama) I said to myself self but the other side of me said (No Regan you can't leave, he looked like he is in pain) I clench my fist tight when another pain-filled moan left Clayton.

I think the angel in me won as I turn around walking fast toward Clayton.

"Clayton are you all right," I asked placing my bag on the floor right next to him. I shook his shoulder but he was not moving. I cursed the devil but then rolled my sleeve up. I placed my hand on his cheek and flinch when I felt him burning. I then lean forward placing my hand through his arms and pulling him back. His eyes were closed looking fast asleep but then a painful groan shook his chest. I flinch at the pain.

"Clayton wake up. You are burning. Clayton." I whispered. Trying my best to wake him up without pissing him off on my first day. I ran toward his adjoined bathroom and hurriedly grab some water in my palm from the sink and ran back. Sprinkling it on his face.

"Clayton, wake up dammit," I said slapping his face a bit. I was trying to be gentle but his no response is scaring the shit out of me. Finally, his eyes fluttered and open. They were somewhat red. His eyes met my concerned one and for a moment he and I just stared at each other.

"Would you move back; you are too close to me?" He said taking me by his timing. I shove back an intense feeling of slapping him silly.

But I clear my throat moving back. I know it was very awkward and I cursed that angle who stopped me from walking out. I was currently looking at my shoes. Doing anything and everything to avoid being more awkward.

"You didn't leave," Clayton asked. His voice low and week. I looked up. I took a long breath I rubbed my face. "Well I was about too" I dragged. "But you are in pain. I just couldn't leave you like that" I screech. It seems like I was way high pitched due to the flinch in Clayton's body. He closed his eyes at the sound. I mumbled a small 'sorry'.