Chapter 17

Song Of The Chapter Sam Smith:- Too Good At Goodbyes

**************************************************************************************

Chapter 17

I heard him before I saw him. His footsteps on the ground, they were loud. His breathing was near me. I knew he was closer then I think he is. I can't just look at him.

I can't.

"Love, what happened? why are you crying?" I felt his touch on my shoulder, only to flinch back. His touch was toxic. I feel it like a burning lava on my skin. He felt my retrieval, but like a stubborn SOB he was, he didn't let go.

"Come on let's get you up!" he said. It was like his practiced his lines. Like he knew it was coming.

His hands circled around my shoulder, trying to make me stand. With every force in me, I pushed him away, holding the wall as my alibi to stand.

"Just, get off me" I screamed. He stumbles back. Looking at me with shock and concern? His eyes followed behind me, looking at his dirty little secret stash wide open. His jaw clenched an unclenched. If it was tomorrow, I swear I wouldn't have identified that look, but after the reminder, I know that look.

I can identify it from his many other expressions. He has that same look which means the calm before the storm.

"You know," he said Like it was nothing. Did it even bother him? his voice was cold. Like he gives no damn about the truth. Like the lies, he's been feeding me was cool. How could he feel nothing after doing, what he did?

"Are you even a human?" I asked looking at him, his eyes didn't meet mine. For the first time, Alex's eyes show guilt. It could be fake! I knew he was pro in faking his emotions. He Called me love, all this time, after everything he put me through. He called me LOVE!

Did he believe that I won't remember? That I will fall right into his arms? was it that easy for him?

No, Not this time. The storm will come, but it will destroy Him, not Me. I slowly made myself stand tall. Tried to meet him eye to eye. My palms forming a tight fist. He was standing not too far, just a step away. So, without a second thought, I took a long breath and lashed out.

Punching his right eye. I successfully hit the mark. I swear you didn't saw that coming Alex.

That punch was hard and clean. The shock from punching him made my hand hurt like a b with a bigger itch.

But I didn't stop. After the first punch came the second, then the third and so on. I was furious beyond belief. I was screaming in a voice so high, probably the next country can hear me. but I give no rat shit about it.

"You did it, Alex, you did it" I screamed. Aiming another blow at his face. He didn't fight back, he just stood there taking every blow I packed for him.

"You broke me, you killed my child, what do you want next?" I screamed. At the mention of our child, his eyes met mine. He stopped the next punch with his palms engulfing mine. I tried with my other hand. Unsuccessful.

He took hold of both my hands, pushing me back toward the wall. He blocked my body with his. Both of us breathing hard. His eyes looking in mine. I saw emotions. It was inevitable. I saw him hurting. He caught my lips with his. His old trick to shut my mouth.

If only he knew, I was not completely in his control. I bit his lip hard to draw his blood making him flinch back. Spitting the remaining of his saliva right next to his feet. He glared. Pinning me with his coldest stare.

"Don't..., Say anything you want to say, love, anything! But don't say I killed our child. "He whispered.

"Do you want to hurt me? Go ahead. Do it. But, I won't hear you say that "I" killed him." He said. His words reflected hurt, but I don't believe a word he said. I was having a boy. A boy, that I could never hold.

"Why shouldn't I? Humm? tell me Alex? Why shouldn't I say that you killed my child?...

"Our child" He Screamed. "He was ours... Not just yours. "His face coming close to mine. "I lost him too." He said taking a long breath. His eyes glistened with tears. His forehead touched mine. "I thought I lost you both...." His voice broke. I was looking at him with so much hate. It hurt.

"Ours? Don't call him ours! Alexander William. He was mine, and mine only. You were supposed to be just the sperm donner for him. "I retorted.

"You never wanted me. why looking sad now?" that surely made him flinch. He let go of my hand. Taking a few stepbacks.

"That not true". It's all he mumbled.

Isn't it wants he wanted? me out of his life? Then why was I standing here?

"Isn't it something you wanted Alex? Me out of your life?" I asked. my every word was aimed to hurt him. I didn't know what he wanted.

"Is your CEO position still on a stake? I mean that's what you ever cared about. Right? To be the CEO of Platinum Corp? What changed?". Gnawing his lies with my questions. I tried to see what he really wanted. But all he did was stared, he just stood there and stared at me. His cold demeanor no longer present.

"Did your dad changed the terms? Did he promise you to give it back? What game are you playing at Alex?" I asked. I want to know how he could still face me. How could god make someone so heartless? that they don't feel.

"It's no game love. I changed." He said. Coming forward. Desperation covering his face. He was trying to make me believe in his lies. But someone once said to me. "Fool me once, your mistake. Fool me twice, my mistake"

He tried to hold my hand, but I shrug it off like dirt.

"No game?" I raised my brows at that. "Do you really think, I am that big of a fool. Alexander?" he flinched when I used his full first name. What can I say! I just love to poke him, where it hurts.

He took a deep breath. Opening his eyes, he tried again to hold my hand again, which I pushed away.

"You want me to believe that You?" I pointed my finger in his direction.

"A guy who is, Self-centered, selfish, think about no one but himself, has Changed"? I laughed at the irony of his words. This was a joke that could make the whole world laugh.

He looks like he was on the verge of tears, I can't help it. The joke was hilarious. Alexander William changed...

After having my laugh at him. I finally stopped. Trailing my eyes on his body from head to toe, I must say. He did look like he went from hell and back. But the idea of him saying him changed! Yeh. It's still a far-fetched dream, that shouldn't be having. I grabbed the paper from the floor. I take a last look at them. What a secret they indeed were!

I bit my lips to hold some nasty remarks and tried to walk past him. He stopped me by grabbing hold of my hand.

"Where are you going?" He asked. If I could I would have bitten his hands off. But now.. now, who want to have a severe case of rabies!! Right!! I turned around. Looking him in the eyes.

"Non-of your business. Throwing the paper on his face, I made my epic walk out of the kitchen. 

**************************************************************************************

If you liked the chapter please go and leave a comment down below. DOnt forget to click the star. 

Thankyou