Part 13: Less than brother, more than friend

Its been 2 days since the battle at the church and Asia has been recovering steadily. She has been recovering in the club room for that time. With no where to go its Rias'es responsibility to take care for her servants and find Asia a new home. She had a few options at the time but now she came down to just 2 options. Its about 6 AM in the morning. The other members still hasn't arrived yet and Sid was requested by Rias to come to the club room early. He has no choice but to oblige to her. Sid knock and open the dark brown wooden door.

Sid: suupp....

Rias: Welcome.

Sid: I'm here, so what is it you want to talk about, prez?

Rias: why don't you sit down, its unethical for me to talk about something important and not let my subject take a comfortable position.

Sid could feel the emphasis on her words "unethical" for no reason. Or maybe she still mad about the past event where Sid seemed to look down on her when they both hunt for the same target. Sid sit down at the sofa across where Rias sits.

Sid: let's cut to the chase. What is it?

Rias: I need Asia to stay at your place.

Sid: You need what!?

Rias: Asia has been staying here for about 2 days now and she needs a temporary place to stay before I can find a proper house for her.

Sid: No, No, and no. Prez  you can't be serious about this. My place isn't suitable for a delicate maiden like her. And besides, I don't have room for her to stay. Don't you have another member to ask for this task? What about Koneko?

Rias: One-man apartment

Sid: Kiba?

Rias: Boys Dormitory

Sid: Akeno-San?

Rias: you really don't want to take this job aren't you?

Sid: look prez, I know you meant well but I'm not the kind of person you look for, I'm just here to solve the problems you have, not to take care of the aftermath. Why don't you ask Issei then? I'm sure he'll be more happy to take care of Asia for you than me.

Sid stand up and walk to the door behind Rias.

Rias: where are you going? We aren't done talking yet.

Sid: nah, this conversation's over.

He went to the kitchen and meet Akeno and Asia.

Akeno: Ara~ if it isn't Sid-kun?

Asia: Good morning, Sid-San!

Sid: Good morning, Akeno-San, Sister-San. What are you two doing?

Akeno: We're making the preparation for Asia's welcome party, you want to help?

Sid: sure!

Sid then prepares the plates and glasses to the serving cart besides Asia who is arranging the pot and teacups and other drinks.

Sid: How are your conditions now, Sister-San?

Asia: I'm fine now thanks to Prez and other members. Sid-San too, how are you today?

Sid: I'm greatful that you're okay now. I'm sorry I couldn't act sooner to save you, I'm really am.

Asia: Don't be so hard on yourself Sid-San! The fact that you and the other members goes as far to save me is enough to make me thankful for your actions.

Sid: Is that so? Thank you, sister-San

Sid unintentionally pats her head. He gives a warm smile towards her, like he finally found a someone to ease up his burden he's been holding up for a long time. Like a family member he never have.

Asia: Sid-San.....

Asia who is blushing underneath his hand letting out a stiff voice. Sid then let go of her head with a bit of a startled expression.

Sid: sorry about that, I just feel like you're someone I need to protect. Like a sister I never had...

Asia: he hehe..... Is that makes you my big brother from here on out?

Sid: Be sure to depend on me if you got in trouble next time, Asia.

Asia: Please take care of me from now on, Sid Nii-San!

Sid then continues to pat her head gently.

Akeno: you guys sure getting along very quickly, how lovely. You guys can join prez and the other now. I just need to finish the cake decoration.

Akeno breaks the moment for a bit for the preparation almost complete and the plates and cups are all set.

Asia: shall we go the main room, Nii-San?

Sid: nah, you go ahead! I'll catch up with you later.

Asia then bows her head and goes to the other room and leave Akeno and Sid alone once again.

Akeno: Aren't you going to join us, Sid-kun?

Sid: nah, I figure its not my place to celebrate. The place is to bright for a shadow creature like me.

Her expression changed into a concern mother towards their son. Akeno then cut a slice of cake and put it in a box.

Akeno: it wouldn't hurt to bring a little sweets doesn't it?

She then handed the box to Sid, telling him to at least taste some of the cake. Sid looks a bit hesitant but looking at her expression, he couldn't refuse the offer.

Sid: Can I call you Ane-San (Big Sis)  from now on, Akeno-San?

Akeno: Call me what ever you like, Otouto-Kun (Little Bro)!

They both exchange a warm smile to each other and then Sid exit the room through the other door leading to the hallway. On his way to the exit he met Kiba and Koneko.

Kiba: Good morning, Sid-Kun!

Koneko: Good Morning, Hunter-Senpai.

Sid: Good morning! What's up?

Kiba: Just in for a morning meeting. You already leaving?

Sid: Yeah, Prez want to have a little chat with me.

Kiba: Did something happen?

Sid: nah, nothing important.

Kiba: That's nice.

Sid: yeah, see you guys around then!

Kiba and Koneko: See you!