Part 7: Business Beckons

On a particular night after that meeting Sid got another notification that there's another Fallen Angel sightings around town. Its a clear night where you could see the full moon shining on its peak. With his battle garb and his engine bike raging,  Not even a second Sid spare and he roll out through the town to go to the area where the fallen angel has been sighted.

Sid: If I follow this pattern again Issei will be there. Damn it I just jinx it did I?

As he is roaming through the area a sudden burst of green light came from the opposite direction he is heading.

Sid: Jackpot!

It doesn't take a minute or so for his bike to reach the place where that green light shines. And as he predicted it, Issei was there along with a different fallen angel.

Voice: I must report to that person first before killing you!

As Sid runs to the scene it was already empty, leaving just Issei standing on the road looking at the raining black feathers in the air.

Sid: damn it I'm late again!

Issei: sacred gear?

Issei looked astounded by a red device thats just spawned onto his left hand that he doesn't even notice Sid's presence.

Sid: Issei you still up man?

Issei: huh... What?

Sid: what happened man?

Issei: I did it... Sacred gear... I got it!

Sid just scoffs at this situation as his target probably already flee from the area and at least his friend doesn't die this time. The device has a red color with a green jewel on its center, looks like a gauntlet that manifests on the user's arm, leaving the wielder's fingers uncovered.

Sid: what do you even doing at this time of the night any way Issei?

Issei: I could ask the same to you, what are you even doing at this time of the night Sid?

Sid: you should've known from your briefing about demons right?

Issei: I really wasn't paying attention at that time. I mean cmon, its all a very sudden information around me at the same time man.

Sid: Sighs why don't we look for a seat and talk about what we know?

Issei: Agreed

Issei then picks up his bike that he drop on the road and follows Sid to his motorcycle.

Issei: whoa, I didn't know you had this cool of a bike before.

Sid: its for business only. I'll explain to you later. Get your bike on the cart on the back and hop to the sidecar.

Issei: sure...

Issei does what Sid told him to do. And when he hop on to the side car, Issei look at the dashboard and there are some few buttons laying around.

Sid: here's your helmet man.

Issei: what are all these buttons do Sid?

Sid: you're going to jinx it like any other story trope where I told you not to press it and you just press it anyway and make a mess out of it. So just hold yourself from pressing the buttons until we get to an appropriate place first shall we?

Issei: okay, cool it! Geez

After that babbling they put on their helmet and drive off to a park. The place where Issei got killed the first time. Sid park his motorcycle near a vending machine.

Sid: Here, you'll need this...

Issei: thanks but why *Oshiruko?

Sid: I always wanna drink these with a friend in midnight. Kinda like those story tropes you know?

Issei: Laughs Thats rich coming from you. I never knew you're really like stuffs like that.

Sid: now thats a smile I wanna see from you!

Issei: me? What's up with my smile?

Sid: You look very unease ever since that briefing you know? I was getting kinda worried that all of these devil and fallen angel stuff starting to get in your head. You're the first person I've become friends with ever since ingot here man. And you helped me a bunch do times and now time for me to get your back at your time in need. Talk to me or ask me for help. I am your friend too.

Sid is a person who just laughs and scoffs at stuff he came across like he don't care but when it came down to a personal matter like this, he is the one that concern the most. But looking at his expression from a dim lighted park, Issei crack a smile.

Issei: I... Didn't know you were really looking out for your friends. Thats really assuring me. Thanks man. But I have to do this! To become a harem king! And an elite devil! I must walk this path!

Sid: I lost more than you could've imagine, I couldn't afford to lose more.

Issei raised his fist to the air in a fiery passion.

Sid: well as a friend, they must know each other first. I already know you but you don't really know me did you?

Issei: yeah...

Sid: to start it off. My name is Sid Redgrave. I'm a devil hunter. Well the term devil hunter is that I hunt supernatural beings like strayed devil or maybe hunt down wicked things like the fallen angels but all of that is done in a form of contract. Unlike you real devils that make a pact with humans to gather strengths I just in for the money. Like a sellswords or mercenary. But you can't pay us to do a contracts that we don't want to do, like assassination or something illegal. We are more like a supernatural janitor. I am still a human and not a devil, yet.

Issei: so you already knew I was doing a contract with human?

Sid: just a guess.  But I'm still hunting down that angels. Give me updates if you happen to meet one again!

Issei: I sure will.

They spend the rest of the night chilling at the park until Sid drive him of back to his place.