Part 10: Bad Church Day pt.1

Beep beep beep beep

Its evening and the occult club room is filled with soft beeping sound of video game. Sid and Koneko are having a tournament on this particular game console where you have to knock your opponent out from the platform, when all of a sudden...

Smack

An audible sound of a slap could be heard across the room, forcefully stopped everyone on their track to pay attention on a single spot.

Rias: How many times do I have to tell you? That is not possible, forget about her. You are one of the Gremory Familia.

Issei is looking to the side after Rias slapped some sense to him. A slightly irritated expression could be seen on Rias'es face. Issei him self was full of regret anger with a reddened cheek looking for an excuse.

Issei: then just kick me out of your familia. After that I can go all by yourself...

Rias: you're asking for the impossible here.

Issei: after all, I'm just a pawn, expendables. Losing one or two wouldn't be a problem...

Rias: Enough!

This time, her irritated expression is clear and her tone of voice is being raised. Issei startled after being scolded by her.

Rias: Issei, you think pawn are just the expendables that are the weakest piece?

After that question everyone in the room looking at the side knowing how wrong Issei was.

Rias: like i said, Evil piece have a characteristics like their chess counterpart.

Rias then explain the evil piece mechanism deeper about pawn being the only piece that could do an action only to pawns alone, Promotion. A move in chess that allows pawns to be promoted into other chess pieces when they enter he enemy territory.

After explaining those, Akeno came around the corner to whisper something to her ears.

Rias: I got something urgent I need to take care of.

Issei: prez, we're still not done here!

Rias: listen carefully. Even with the help of promotion, a single pawn couldn't stand up against the Fallen angels.

And then Rias and Akeno teleports away without saying anything after that warning to Issei.

Issei: I know that, damn it

Issei then walks towards Sid with a serious expression. Issei then bows his head in front of Sid.

Issei: Please help me, Sid!

Sid: what's with the head bow man? And what you're asking is not a help but a job for me, and a job must have a price in my book.

Issei: I'll pay it! Just please help me!

Sid who is still holding his game console smiled and glance at Kiba and Koneko. Kiba and Koneko seemed to keep up with his signal.

Kiba: you sure you want to do this?

Issei's eyes filled with determination and answer it without hesitation.

Issei: whatever it takes. I will set Asia free!

Kiba: I admire your determination, but you're just being reckless here.

Issei: Shut your mouth, pretty bo-

Sid then quickly stand up with rebellion replica shouldered.

Sid: isn't that a bit harsh for someone who's trying to help you?

Issei: Sid.... So you're willing to help?

Sid: well tomorrow's lunch is something to be wanted, right prince charming? My lady?

Sid give a mischievous smile around Kiba and Koneko.

Kiba: I guess I'll go with what Sid said.

Koneko: You'll owe me a bundle of snacks, Issei-senpai.

Issei: you guys....

Kiba then spawns a set of sword on his hip and Koneko put on a pair of gloves with cat paws signs.

Kiba: Prez did say that you can't if going alone, and she did say that the church is the enemy's territory. So technically...she implies that we should help you from the start.

Issei: so that talk from the start isn't really necessary right!?

Sid: yep, but a deal's a deal!

Issei: Sid you bastard!

Sid: now that being said, Shall we off then?