Part 14: Debt I never have

Telephone Rings

Sid: Devil may Cry

: So? How's the new office?

Sid: Dante? I thought you never called! Yeah, I only have one complaint, WHY THE HELL YOU GAVE ME ALL THE REPLICAS!

Dante: whoa, easy there hot shot, I think you're stepping ahead of yourself there.

Sid: if you don't want to hear my complain, then what is it?

Dante: Listen, I owe a friend once, and today's the day. She'll give you the details.

Off the phone: Make haste, Dante!

Dante: coming! Gotta go!

Sid: You sold me out!?

Before he could talk Dante hang up.

Sid: Damn it, Dante!

He put down the phone while wondering what kind of trouble did Dante throw him into. The office is filled with silence on regular basis when there's no client.

Girl's Voice: I've been waiting here for a while now, not even a tea served for their clients in this place?

Out of nowhere a pretty looking silver haired woman was sitting on the sofa in front of him!

Sid was taken by surprise knowing there's someone in the office beside him. The girl has a sassy attitude towards him and having her foot on the table. Sid himself swallow his expression and try to act as contempt as usual.

Sid: Well, we don't serve tea but we do serve respect to our client.

Girl: Laughs Nice one. You're just like Dante described.

Sid is quick to pick up the pace that this is the person Dante was talking about. He don't know what kind of person she is so he tries to play it safe by making her tea as she's requested. For an agency who never got a guest that come face to face to make a request, Sid is quite troubled for he doesn't really that good at making tea. But he try remember Akeno making tea at the club.

Sid: If I'm not wrong, its supposed to be like this...

At the kitchen, Sid boil the water and pour it into the empty tea pot and then drain it. Its a good thing Sid uses electric kettle to boil the water so its not really time consuming. After boiling a new batch of water he put the tea leaves into the pot and then the fresh boiled water. When suddenly someone tapped on his shoulder.

Girl: didn't know you have a refine taste to delicate stuff like tea? I just take it you're no more than just a brute.

Sid: I don't, I just know this from a friend of mine.

Girl: friend huh? Didnt expect you to have one either.

Sid: for a pretty face, you're a bitch aren't you?

Girl: Because I like seeing your troubled face

Sid: should I take that as a compliment? Cause flattery won't get you nowhere, sorry

After done preparing the tea both of them head back to the office room. Sid poor the tea into the cup carefully to not spill any. He use a tiny sieve to filter out the tea leaves pouring into the cup. He doesn't bother to put the sugar in thinking that this girl could put sugar as much as she like. Sid sit back to his office chair with a bit calmer manner.

Sid: So let's start this over with introduction of ourselves. My name is Sid Red-

Girl: enough, I already know who you are and where you come in from.

Sid: okay.... If you already know me, would you mind telling me who you are then?

Girl: Really? After all this time? Dante never told you about me? Even in your training days? That ungrateful asshole!

Sid: I agree he is sometimes an asshole.

Kallen: Okay, first of all, my name is kallen, Kallen kaslana. Now if Dante never told you about me. I'm the one who's been giving him funds to raise you as a devil hunter you are today.

Sid: You what?!

Kallen: where do you think your living expenses came from when you was on your training years? You think he got cash on his pocket when he train you? That old log cabin you're using for the last 2 years. That thing is owned by me. So to put it short, it not Dante's debt to me but you to me.

Sid: give me a break....

Kallen: and I'm now trying to get back on that debt of yours.

Sid: If its assassination or illegal activities, it's out of the deal.

Kallen: Don't worry I just need you to break into places.

Sid: that's basically illegal activities!

Kallen: Look, You have to do this or... You want to go back to your previous life?

Sid takes a pause to remember what was his previous life like. Being tested with various experiments and chemicals. Tortured day and night. Being regulated like a human cattle.

Sid: Sigh what's the risk we're talking about here.

Kallen: No more than a prison sentence for a few years, but we'll bust you out in a jiffy.

Sid: what about my agency?

Kallen: don't worry we'll take care of the name for you.

Sid: So what am I looking for here.

Kallen: that if you're agree to do this or not.

Sid: Fine, I'll do it.

Kallen: This mission is unlike you're typical demon hunting routine. Its an infiltration mission. Which means you'll be faced with people. I need you to sneak into Phoenix Familia Medical Research facility.

Sid: Hold on. I think you're getting it wrong here. I'm a fighter not some kind of Espionage specialist.

Kallen: I know, thats why you're going to train with Gremory Familia.

Sid: Why did they have something to do with this?

Kallen: You'll get your answer tomorrow for now, just enjoy your weekend.

And then she leave without saying a second word through the door.