Chapter 9

Anzu and the others were explaining why they had started the school's Sensha-do club back up.

"So that's why you did it." Miho said.

"I also heard that we would get an endowment for doing the club as well. Meaning I could lower operational costs." Anzu said.

"So you lied about the tournament?"

"That was true." Momo said.

"But we cant take first place our first year running!"

"Well, I thought if we had an A-level team in the past, we'd have more tanks lying around but they didn't have a lot of money, so they sold the good ones." Anzu told them.

Yukari turned to the tanks.

"So that means all the tanks here are..."

"Yeah, all the ones they didn't sell."

"Doesn't that make it near impossible for us?"

"We're sorry but we couldn't think of any other way. For an old school with no special characteristics to stay afloat any longer." Momo said.

"We might have bitten off more than we can chew. We wanted to have hope instead of crying our last year." Anzu told them.

"We're sorry we never told all of you." Yuzu closed her eyes and lowered her head.

Everyone looked at the student council and stayed quite for a few seconds.

"We wanted to get our volleyball team back, but if the school's going away..." Noriko choked out.

"Unconditional surrender." Oryou said.

"I had no idea that that was what was going on

"I had no idea that that was what was going on." Yukari said.

"I wonder if we'll ever see each other again if the school shuts down." Hana wondered.

"I don't want that." Saori told her.

"I guess I'll never get those units." Mako
Said.

The freshman started crying and Emma and Andrea went over to try and console them.

The rest of team Edelweiss only closed their eyes and leaned against their Tiger.

"The match isn't over yet." Miho told them.

Everyone turned to look at her.

"It's not like we lost the match already. We just have to do what we can." She continued. "I mean, I still want to do Sensha-do next year with this school and everyone here."

"Me too! I feel the same way!" Yukari said.

"Yeah, let's do this! It's all over if you give up!" Saori said.

"I can still fight!" Hana told Miho.

"Mhm." Mako agreed.

"We won't give up, we'll never surrender, we'll fight until the end. I'm going to have to have a cool head and make sure none of you get hurt." She said.