f o u r

(TW: mentions of drug use, depleting mental health and suicide)

Jungkook and I walk casually, arms linked, with Jimin walking backwards in front of us to keep conversation. Over the past few hours the three of us, despite our initial awkwardness around each other, clicked naturally. Our conversations flowed nicely and the three of us quite frankly got lost in conversation often. Too often.

"Jimin-ssi!" Jungkook abruptly calls in shock as he reaches out for the boy.

But, my boyfriend struggles to untangled himself from my arms in time to catch our friend before he bumps into a frail girl behind him.

Jimin turns around and immediately apologizes to the girl, who keeps her head low, "I-I'm so sor.....ry.........." He pauses as the girl slowly lifts up her head in shock, "Jisoo?"

She doesn't even look in our direction. She ignores us but her eyes visibly tremble, "Jimin-....ah......... hey.."

"Jisoo?" Jungkook immediately questions, echoing Jimin, feeling his blood boil as do I.

"You don't know her name?" Jimin asks in shock and utter surprise.

"No Jimin—uh—actually, I changed my name in Japan... after you..." She peeps up. She's about to say something but covers it up with a cough,

"Its's Ayako now."

"Oh, that's cool I guess." The boy shrugs, "What are you doing back in Jeju?"

"I'm actually uh...." she looks at jungkook and I once before holding her head up higher and addressing Jimin, "back in rehab." She sighs, "The fosters sent me to Busan last school year, guess they had enough of me, I started using again as soon as I got to Korea. But, I'm 3 weeks clean now!" She explains, Jungkook and I stay quiet, deciding not to interfere with their conversation but listen in.

"Oh I'm so happy for you!" Jimin applauds, "I hope you stay clean."

"I do too,

so how have you been with rehab?"

"Oh uh, I've been clean for a year now."

My eyes bulge and I immediately look at Jungkook, who looks just as shocked.

"Wow impressive." She gives him a supportive smile and pats the boy's shoulder. "Well, it's been nice Jimin but I better get going now, let's keep in touch."

"Sure."

And that's the end of it, she leaves.

"You've been clean for a year?" I ask with wide eyes, Jungkook squeezes my arm, telling me to be careful with Jimin as his emotions might be fragile.

The boy chuckles, "So that cats out of the bag, huh? Let's go outside to talk about it."

We agree and take the short awkward walk to the outdoors.

"I didn't want to tell you that I used to use because I felt like you'd judge me but since Ji—Ayako, is involved with you two now, I bet you're curious." Jimin starts, I merely nod as we take a seat at a table outside. Jungkook and I together and Jimin across from us.

"When I was 12, I was sent to rehab. After my dad... committed suicide... my mom fell into a pit of depression. She couldn't care for me anymore because of her mental state so she sent me to a boarding school. I started smoking there because some kids bullied me into it and then I found out that it made me feel better about my life, so I continued. Administration caught me eventually and sent me to rehab here but it didn't work so they took me to a more intensive unit, in Japan, where I met Ayako for the first time, before she changed her name. Being two kids with a rough past and similitude histories of misuse and the only ones in our rehab center that spoke Korean, let alone were from Jeju, we thought it was fate that we met each other and did everything together there. We only separated because I stopped trying to find ways to smoke again because... she made me feel happy for a while. I guess..."

He chuckles, "This is cheesy but, I guess you could say that I replaced smoking with... being around her. She was my drug. I stop smoking and ended up leaving rehab and being sent back to boarding school. I left her alone in Japan and it wasn't with my consent. We haven't talked since..

I'm worried that she hates me."

a/n
NO I am NOT thinking about a JiminxAyako spin off I AM NOT.

Okay I am but idk if it will happen—I want it to happen.