"Look son , I want you to make yourself and your feelings very clear , because whatever you are leading yourself into is not easy. Not in your and Janice's case specially.
So first tell me what do you feel about her ? Honestly."

"Like I said , I can't define well. I know I'm too young to say the word love but what I have for her is way beyond liking.
I...."
I took a deep breath before continuing..
"I even plan to runaway with her once we graduate." I said , nervously.

"She agrees?" He asked calmly.

Something I didn't expect. I'm talking about running away and he's calm.!
There has to be something.

"Maybe , for she's engaged to some jerk and her mom is the only reason why she has agreed for the engagement , plus she does not want it . She's forced and .. and I don't want her to be like that . That's why I asked you to get her mom out , so that she can be happy."

"What if she isn't?" He asked.

"Sorry?"

"What if , she is not happy after her mother is back , after she is not into any forced marriage ? After you both grow bored of each other?
There is a possibility , isn't there? " He said making his point now clear.

That's a possibility, that we both don't want to be together anymore , then what?

"But , I don't want that to happen." I said .

"But what if she does?"

"Why are you saying so dad? She won't . And even if she does , I'll get her back. " I said standing up , trying to control my anger.

"Jeongguk, I only want you to think clearly , because if Michael has planned her wedding already then there must be money involved . And he doesn't let go of his money like that. That man is bad . Too bad to let go of his wealth for even his own daughter .If that bastard has her mother caged , think what he can do if he gets his plan failed by a seventeen years old guy?
I'm not scaring you. I'll help you at every point , but as a father I need to ensure you don't lead your life to something you'd regret later.
If you runaway, then what about your further studies , what about her's ?
If you both want to be together, forever , what about a stable job and carrier? " He said , making all the sensible remarks , which I cannot overlook.

" Son , you need to decide what you actually want . Think ,
and even better , if you ask for her opinion as well.
Your mother and I , we began just like that."
He said .

His words did create a sort of hurricane within me.
These possibilities, these what ifs , uncertainty, everything is all so messed up . Having a little bit of it by my dad , has angered me so much then what about her, who's been living such a terrible life full of uncertainties , for years. Who had been hoping to have a better life for years.
So , I have my answer.

"What if I already am sure about what I want?" I said firmly.
"I'll take law major , just like you did, I'll get into the army , complete my tenure and follow your footsteps. "

He chuckled a bit.
"You make it sound so easy.
What about her interest? Would she bear you being an agent?"

"We'd talk about our carrier interests once and I mentioned following you." I spoke softly, remembering our only calm talk in the library , as there, we'd only argue about novel genres.

"But she didn't give her views on it. " I claimed , as then , we were only with each other , not as serious as we are now.

"I know , your points make a lot of sense and that they can't be neglected. So even if we choose to go apart , even if we can't make it together , I want her to be happy. At least she can be out of that hell. Her mother and her , even with me out of the picture , will surely be happier."
I said finally looking at him and before I could continue , he engulfed me in an unexpected hug . Tight yet compassionate, something which doesn't happen casually. And I happily returned the gesture.