thirty eight

Jin looks out the window and sees a few guards roaming around with their horses.

'They're looking for you.' Jin says to the girl who's taking painkillers for her still healing wounds.

'They won't find me here, they only know you as Jin, they don't know your real name.' Jennie says, knowing they wouldn't be able to find her here.

'Still, they'll probs find the horse soon and know which area you're in. They'll probably do a door to door search.' Jin says as he closes his curtains.

'I'll be gone by then. Wonho is on the move, he won't be able to leave through the borders, so he'll be leaving by boat.' Jennie says and sighs. She takes out her gun and checks how many bullets she has left.

'Why aren't you bringing your friends with you?' Jin asks.

'This is my own issue, I want to end it myself.' Jennie says as she takes off her cast. She tries to move her arm and get used to not having the cast limiting her movements.

'Please don't do anything stupid.' Jin says as he drinks whiskey from his glass.

'Can't promise you that.' Jennie says and treats her worst wound on her leg. A huge cut wound from Nayeon stabbing her in the leg.

She disinfects the wound and wraps new bandages around it.

'How are you going to hunt for that man like this?' Jin says and sighs.

'Nothing is going to stop me.' Jennie says and takes a pocket knife from Jin's kitchen. She drinks some water before sighing. 'Don't come after me, or I'll blow your head off.'

The brunette then takes a hooded jacket and covers her face well with it.

'If they ask you, tell them you haven't seen me.' Jennie says before leaving the flat.

...

'Where is he?!'

Seonghwa has lost it. He pushes Chan onto the ground from the chair he was on.

'This is useless.' Chan says and laughs. 'You think I would know where he is?'

Seonghwa kicks Chan in the stomach, releasing his anger on the second prince.

'You lied to me all those years, how would I know if you're not lying now?' Seonghwa says as he leans down to look at the pained prince.

'All my life I've been put down, you think I wanted to hate you? Blame the people, and the king. Despite everything I did, people still hated me.' Chan says with a deadly glare.

'That's not my fault is it? How could you try and kill me? I didn't do anything to you!' Seonghwa shouts. Chan sighs.

'You don't get it do you? Your mere existence makes me suffer. Do you realise how depressing it is to know despite all the efforts you do, you'll still be hated and be powerless just because you're born from an affair?!' Chan shouts.

Seonghwa sighs, knowing how painful it could be, but for him to plan and kill him, he can't forgive him.

He trusted him so much, loved him like a true brother. But all he wanted was to kill him.

He wants to forgive him, but his rational side is telling him not to.

'I hope you're happy. You just ruined your life.' Seonghwa says before leaving the cell. Chan shouts at him, degrading him but Seonghwa just leaves with an emotionless expression.

He's tired of people lying to him.

He retrieves to his room, not wanting to deal with reality anymore. He's hurt, and worried at the same time with Jennie missing.

This whole thing is messing him up.

'Seonghwa?'

A few knocks on his door catches his attention. The door opens, revealing Hongjoong and the others.

'What's up?' He asks and sighs.

'It's been a while since we saw you, we wanted to check if you're okay.' Hongjoong says.

'Fuck it just go in.' Wooyoung says and pushes the captain in. Wooyoung rushes into the room with a beer in his hand as usual.

'We missed you Hwa.' San says and hugs him, being clingy as usual. Seonghwa sighs as he smiles painfully.

'We thought you could use some company, since Jennie's gone, we're taking over your bed.' Mingi says and lies down. Seonghwa chuckles softly.

'Don't worry about her too much. She might be reckless, but she's Jennie. She won't die that easily.' Yeosang says bluntly.

'I just hope she's ok now. Her wounds are still not fully recovered, and her arm, a fracture doesn't heal that quickly...'

'Just trust her. She knows what she's doing.'

'I want to, but she broke her promise.' Seonghwa sighs and covers his face. Wooyoung pokes him and hands him his beer.

Seonghwa takes it and gulps it down.

'Well you know Jennie. The only promise she can't keep is if she promised to stay put.' Jongho says.

'That's true...' Seonghwa says.

'Let's just stop worrying for now, and plan ahead. The best way to find Jennie, is to find Choi Wonho.'